Wireless mice, worth the hype or extra faff?

Permabanned
I can recommend the Logitech mouse mat that charges their mice, if you go for a Logitech mouse. Never had to remember to charge my G502 Lightspeed.
interesting... usually hate wireless due to charging etc but this sounds mildly tempting... you got a link?
does it charge it whilst it's idle sat on the pad or does it have a dock you leave plugged into a wall plug when the pc's off? or am I being a complete dumbass and missing something obvious haha!

Associate
Razer Viper Ultimate and moved from an original Logitech G502. The G502 cable was stiff and heavy so I had it supported so it wasn't too bad. Going to wireless was very nice though. The real game changer was the weight. Going from 120g to 74g was night and day. I loved the g502 but couldn't go back to heavier mice these days. I have the base unit for the Viper and it all works great, however with it being usb when the computer is off, it can't charge. Battery does last a good while and the cable can plug directly in. The usb cable that came is softer than most I have but the drag is very clear over wireless.

I've actually been using the razer Naga X (mmo mouse) for daily use apart from fps games. It's the newer version of the naga and around 85g with a nice soft cable on it. Ended up getting for FFXIV but find I tend to just stick with it more often than the Viper.

No issues with response times etc. Going lightweight is the real game changer I feel.

I know the viper doesn't have the thumb buttons you want (2 on each side mirrored by default) but hope it gives another perspective on wireless :)

Associate
interesting... usually hate wireless due to charging etc but this sounds mildly tempting... you got a link?
does it charge it whilst it's idle sat on the pad or does it have a dock you leave plugged into a wall plug when the pc's off? or am I being a complete dumbass and missing something obvious haha!

As far as I recall it can charge when idle or in use anywhere on the pad. There's no dock.

It will run down to x amount of charge before charging so it doesn't ruin the battery.

It's definitely expensive for what it is, but the convenience was worth it for me.

Permabanned

As far as I recall it can charge when idle or in use anywhere on the pad. There's no dock.

It will run down to x amount of charge before charging so it doesn't ruin the battery.

It's definitely expensive for what it is, but the convenience was worth it for me.
that's badass! nice one! I quite like that G703... IS that what you have? Is it monster size hand friendly lol. I'm like 3xl hands easily.

Associate
that's badass! nice one! I quite like that G703... IS that what you have? Is it monster size hand friendly lol. I'm like 3xl hands easily.

Nah I use the G502 wireless, it's just the perfect shape for my grip. But it was extra faff without the mat having to remember to plug it in. I lasted about a month before caving and just buying the mat.

Best of both worlds.

Now if only they could sort out the switches in their mouse buttons. I'm on my third or fourth one now, including wired, that all develop a double click over time.

Associate
Went with the Logitech G-Pro wireless for my home set up and it's been champion for the most part, battery lasts a long time, no latency, two programable buttons on the left side and to top it all off no wires trailing across my desk.

Could take it or leave it but I've enjoyed the experience of having all wireless peripherals.

Soldato
I've always used a DeathAdder and most recently got a DeathAdder V2 Hyperspeed. No RGB and uses either AA or AAA battery. Been absolutely fantastic and wish I got hold of it sooner.

Associate
yeah wireless is so good now theres no point going wired at this point, long as u get a main brand the latency and battery life is spot on. A lot have less latency than wired unless u get to 8000hz (which doesn't work in all games yet)

Back
Top Bottom