Wireless network not visable on 2 pc in the house. HELP!

Soldato
Back at my dads again (he went out and got a new router, same model as the old one to se if that was causing yesterdays problem, it was!)

NEW PROBLEM! his computers can't see the network. He set it up this morning and was browsing fine then suddenly he connection cut off. He tried hislaptop and that was disconnected too. He rescans the area and his wireless network isn't visable.

BUT, i'm currently posting this from the same wireless network , which i can see and connect too without any problems using the wifes laptop (which i brought with me).

I've tried changing the channel on the router, resetting it, reinstaling the hardware in the two computers, no joy.

Any ideas?

Cheers, having to work quick as i've not got the net installed at the new place yet and i won't se any responces once the laptop battery runs out!

Soldato
Restart the router, set it back to defaults, try all the obvious things first. If it was working and no changes were made, it suggests the router has probably bit the dust.

Soldato
OP
1 pc, 1 laptop. Both running xp home, both fine with the new router until this afternoon.

No sign of driver problems, i've reinstalled them both.

SSID is visable, the latop i'm using right now saw it fineand connected without a problem.

odd.

Soldato
Really strange problem. Only other factor I can think of is location. Perhaps there is some object blocking or causing local interference to the two machines. Also, not all wireless adapters have the same signal strength, so your machine might still be working where there is a problem. Maybe check the signal strength in the affected areas?

Back
Top Bottom