Wireless rear speaker solution for my denon amp?

Associate
I am currently revamping my lounge movie setup.
To that end I have a nuc for plex and a new Denon x2600h to pair with my existing 5.1 speaker setup. I took the punt because I really wanted to clean up my hdmi cables and simplify the harmony remote control for the wife!

The new amp is 7.1 so I would like to add some additional rear surround speakers, I have jumped at some monitor audio fx models to match up with my current speakers and will have them in about 10 days.
Now, I cannot run cables to them from the amp, it just isn't an option, so I need a wireless solution. I seem to have come up with the following choices, not sure if I am missing something? Input welcomed!!

1. As the amp is Heos enabled, I could get a heos amp, link to my denon amp and send the rear surround signals to it. Seems to be possible although a little bulky, good 80W per channel output though.
2. Go to the rainforest for a Marmitek Surround Anywhere 221kit, and power the speakers that way. Only 25W amplifier in the receiver though, I am concerned it may be a little too weak.
3. I was hoping to find an amphony 1800 kit, but only found it in stick in one UK place, and the site looks dodgy. Good 80W output, but rare is an understatement.

Am I missing another cost effective choice? Ideally looking to keep spend down to £150 for a solution. It must be wireless though.

Man of Honour
I think I'd be tempted to stick with the Denon Heos amp. That way if something doesn't work or there's interference then you won't have one set of guys blaming another set of guys and vice versa. You also get the Heos multiroom features if ever you fancy hooking up the amp to some other speakers temporarily.

The spec on the Amphony looks okay: Power @ frequency response @ low THD. Can't say much about the Marmitek unit though. I suspect it's a case of you-get-what-you-pay-for.

Associate
OP
Went with a heos amp from ebay and MA fx rear speakers, both arriving over the coming week or so and will update with my experience of adding them.

It appears my sub and my multi region BD player have both died as part of the reshuffle. The joys of charging things, always throws up failures with old electronics.

Back
Top Bottom