wiring up the iPod adapter...

Soldato
just bought me a nice shiny Pioneer CD-IB100 (the adapter needed to seemlessly control an iPod from the headunit) :D - anyway, i've never wired stuff like this up before and although i understand the principles of switched live / permanent live and all that, i've never actually done it...

so... to power it there is a yellow (perm. live) and black (ground) cable coming from the unit, now my question is how do i connect these up?

initially i just thought i'd tap into the ones going into the stereo but the manual that came with this thing states:

"NEVER feed power to other equipment by tapping into an existing power lead, The current capacity of the lead will be exceeded causing overheating"

so... that ideas out of the window, so is the proper way to get a feed directly from the fusebox or summat?

Soldato
You would be better maybe going straight from the battery although if you can go from the fuse box that is just as good
As for the earth you can go from the stereo one if you want or just make your own as close to the unit as you can

Associate
wouldnt a switched live be better....dont want the battery to be deadened if you forget your ipod and leave it connected to the ipod adapter (they charge the pod at the same time iirc)

Soldato
OP
its a yellow wire so i'm thinking for whatever reason its supposed to be permanent?

ah i forgot to say... there is a 2A inline fuse in the yellow line, dont know as this makes a difference?

ok, so how exactly do i do these things you are saying? do i have to take the whole dash off or summat???

Back
Top Bottom