Wiring video/audio throughout house

Associate
I'm hoping to put some wires throughout my house that would enable the bedroom and kitchen to receive the video/audio from the main TV in the living room.

However, I don't know the best way to do this. I don't want to do it wirelessly. The main sticking point is what cables/connectors should I use?

I currently have a sky box in the living room, and will have an LCD in the bedroom and kitchen, but what I am wary of is needing something that will be futureproof. So, would standard phono cables be ok as, although they are not the best quality, they will probably be around for a long time.

Or maybe scart? But then I run the risk of buying a TV in the future without a scart socket. HDMI I don't think is an option as non-hidef TVs won't have them (bedroom/kitchen TVs are likely to be standard def, for the moment at least).

Also, the cables will be upto 15m long, so would need a standard that is happy over that distance, although a slight loss in quality is acceptible. Would like no latency though, so ethernet based system is probably out of the question.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom