With regard to recent ISIS / Jihadi bride threads....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The old thread has been closed, and the picking out of my comments noted.

I’m puzzled as to a few things, first, why was it closed in the first place?

It’s a valid point of discussion and whilst some wouldn’t ageee with my views on the matter,I’m both surprised and disappointed that the thread can’t continue in the discussion of this current issue.

For the record, I knew of three different people who were killed by ISIS in either private (ie contractual) or professional (ie serving in HM armed forces) capacity, in that context I hope my “harsh” views may be understood, I have no less a desire to see any form of life snuffed out than the next - rational - man but, to have my view called into question when the subject of the discussion joined ISIS, an organisation Hell bent on destroying our way of life?

I’m sorry, but, I draw the line at that one.

Yes, she had an offspring which apparently died - which is awful - but these things happen, especially when you take yourself from a civilised established country to a “caliphate” hell bent against such a country which has all the foundations of a house built upon jelly.....

If the administrators of this forum disagree with this view then by all means permaban me.

I could go on, but for now won’t.

Remembering where my stance comes from, I’m intrigued to see what if any responses I get.....

And if this turns out to be my last dance with OC/UK then, thanks, it’s been an experience.

Caporegime
There are more measured ways to discuss the matter, but any trolling/joking about any inherently innocent infant because of the crimes of their parent(s) is just farcical.

You can easily make note of the reality that the child probably would have been recruited which is an entirely fair point, but that’s as far as it should go.

To be fair though it was mostly the other callous comments.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I'm sorry but if you can't see that the world needs your love and not your hate then you are in the same camp as those you speak of.

Caporegime
OP
I'm sorry but if you can't see that the world needs your love and not your hate then you are in the same camp as those you speak of.
And if three good people you knew had died at the hands of the group she went to join you’d still have that view? Really?

I doubt it pal, really I do.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I closed the thread.

It got to the point where people were happy / celebrating the death of a child. That’s too far.

Regardless of what you think of ISIS, Islam or the woman in question there are standards to discuss things and the thread fell far short.

Feel free to post in FCD though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom