1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Withdrawing money from Coinbase

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Rossuk89, Aug 22, 2017.

1. what's a bit?

Associate

I can confirm having same issue with coinbase. All went well when prices were up and I bought with couple hundred of euro an amount of bitcoin from coinbase. I used direct payment costing me a few percent. As soon as the market slumped my subsequent payment got rejected after the transaction was marked as done on bitcoin. I called my bank. They told me they never received any request from anyone and therefore I know that the coinbase site never attempted to write any money from my card with that transaction. I tried again the same day and then again but same result. First it looks like I purchased the bitcoin but an hour later it is rejected and the bank never even got a ping or attempt to take it off the card. The card is fully functional and authorised. Coinbase had the audacity to come with following explenation: it must be your browser. Well the browser does not reject a transaction that went through the coinbase system and then forgot to take it off the card of course the price is up now so too late to buy bitcoin. Anyways I used two browsers that day and both same.

2. Narj

Capodecina

They seem to take forever to verify your account even after the confirmed SEPA payment. I don't expect them ever to actually do it so when I want to sell I'll just be transferring to localbitcoins and selling there.

3. andicole0

Soldato

Any alternatives to Coinbase?
    Andi.

4. jeff83nz

Gangster

Not sure why anyone uses anything other than local bitcoin.

5. andicole0

Soldato

The fear of local hardware failing maybe?
    Andi.

6. ubersonic

Capodecina

Indeed.

7. Wizzkidy

Wise Guy

I use bitbargin sold 2BTC recently without issue, direct bank transfers into bank

8. Sp00n

Capodecina

Ignorance.

Buying through coinbase was super easy, even selling the btc was easy but now I'm stuck with gbp that I can't get out because they won't accept my BIC/SWIFT for my HSBC account and Santander charge £25 for SEPA payments (lol).

Raised a support case a week ago, still no response, their support is a joke.

Guess I'll look at LBC!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  9. ubersonic

Capodecina

Had to be done :D

[​IMG]

10. Joop

Hitman

Hi Guys

Best way to transfer is using Revolut App
    No charge for SEPA payments and best price to convert to EURO.

11. bignev72

Wise Guy

Once you've got the Revolut app, what do you need to do?

Get a virtual card (crediting £10 in the process) and use the bank details from that to transfer to/from from coinbase? Or do you need a physical card?

12. CauseanAffect

Associate

I use coinbase as it was the easiest for beginners. When I setup my bank (TSB) to receive payments, it took 2 business days for the 6 euro to arrive in coinbase but it still asked me to verify my bank though when I tried to withdraw. I opened a support ticket and they fixed it within a day. I am now waiting for the the money to arrive back into my bank account.

13. friddela

Hitman

You don't need a card you can do it all through the app.

Top up in GBP.
    Exchange to EUR.
    Click pink button at the bottom in the middle.
    You'll find the details of the account to transfer on Coinbase when you go Account > EUR Wallet > Deposit. Just make sure you put the reference in otherwise it won't reach your account.

You'll need to activate your 'EURO' bank account in the app. You won't be able to transfer to Coinbase from their account. You can easily do this by going on Profile > Account details > EUR > Then activate or whatever the button is. If you try and transfer without doing this, you'll get an error.

14. Jokester

Don

Does this work the other way, so sell on Coinbase to Euros to the app and convert to sterling before moving back to a UK bank account?

15. friddela

Hitman

Yup, it's worked for me. Again, just make sure it goes to the EUR account in your name rather than the Revolut one.

16. DAIR

Sgarrista

Is it possible to transfer your coins to a different wallet - from coinbase?

17. Narj

Capodecina

Yep, easy peasy.

18. DAIR

Sgarrista

Good. So not being able to withdraw funds from coinbase. May not be that much of an issue.

I may stick with it

19. romancandle

Associate

Ah man I just made a wallet with coinbase!

I am 20/27 on my benchmark (first run) I did put my coinbase wallet address in and then did the benchmark, will I have to do the benchmark again with a new wallet? I think not but just want to be certain?

side note - its been stuck on 20/27 for a good half hour now, its been going for about 2 hours, I think its stuck :/ if I stop it will the already benchmarked algos still save?

20. romancandle

Associate

Never mind I just accidenelty pulled the plug out of the wall and shut the whole thing down!! Guessing I will have to start all over again!? FS!