1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Withdrawing money from Coinbase

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Rossuk89, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Narj

Capodecina

Did you activate your Euro account in Revolut? Just creating it isn't good enough. It'll also have a different IBAN to your Sterling account.

Sorry if you already did this...

2. Maccy

Commissario

Thanks @Narj I've opened a Revolut account, can't see how I would transfer back from Coinbase though - where do you get your Revolut account details?

3. MaX_PoWah

Wise Guy

Hi Narj. Thanks for your response

Yes I used the IBAN for the euro account when trying to add it in coinbase but it won’t work anyway as you can’t verify the account as revolut won’t let you send money to coinbase...

Meanwhile my sale of bitcoins into euros yesterday evening on coinbase is still pending..

4. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

you need to enable your euro iban account for revolut too. i had it blocking me until i realised mine was uk only account, even though transfered to euros, it needed to have the euro account too

5. Narj

Capodecina

Hit top left of screen...

Active accounts should say GBP and EUR. Tap EUR.

That will show you IBAN and BIC (Should be REVO something)

Once you've sent a 6 EUR payment to Coinbase with the correct reference they give you and it's been verified, you can just send money back through withdrawal.

6. Maccy

Commissario

Cool thanks @Narj, I've just sent the payment from my Revolut account to Coinbase so hopefully it'll be verified in the next few days.

7. MaX_PoWah

Wise Guy

Just done what you have said above and it works. Why have I seen things on the internet then suggestion revolut had stopped allowing transfers to coinbase and the like?

The other thing Ive seen is that in order for coinbase to verify a revolut account you have to use the BIC LOYDGB2L rather than the one from the revolut app?

8. Narj

Capodecina

No I specifically remember using the REVO code because the LOYD one was for the GBP account.

9. Maccy

Commissario

Yeh I used the REVO code and that worked, had also read about Revolut stopping transfers to Coinbase but worked for me.

10. SirChumpalot

Gangster

Hey guys. After having some real trouble verifying my bank account details on Coinbase I stumbled upon this thread. Could someone be kind enough to quickly confirm I have done the right thing here:

- Signed up to Revolut and activated GBP account, deposited £10.
    - Opened EUR account and activated this also.
    - Transferred GBP to EUR.
    - Set up Coinbase UK, Ltd as a new beneficiary
    - Sent 11 euros to Coinbase using the reference given by Coinbase

This is as far as I've got. When trying to add another bank account in Coinbase it just keeps telling me to verify my existing one (Lloyds). Do i have to delete this one and then add the Revolut one or is this going to bugger up things even further?

Thanks for the help
    David

11. SirChumpalot

Gangster

Update: I removed my current account bank account details and it let me add the Revolut one. I used 'Lloyds Bank' as the bank name. I take it that's OK?

12. Narj

Capodecina

I used "Revolut Ltd."

13. SirChumpalot

Gangster

I guess I can always remove and re-add if necessary. Pain in the a$$. Apparently we'll be able to exchange cryptocurrencies shortly using Revolut. I'm looking forward to everything just being in one place.

14. MaX_PoWah

Wise Guy

Why is the price for bitcoins so poor on revolut? Which node is it tracking?

15. JoeF1

Mobster

So after reading this thread, its best to stay away from coinbase all together?

So when i want to cash out, ill send the coins to revolut to have them send the cash to my bank?

Nothings really simple with crypto is it ? lol

16. peige

Mobster

If you want to freeze your bitcoin risk can you just move to euros and then worry about how to get it out later? Thinking Coinbase here.

17. Meister

Associate

Coinbase won’t accept my HSBC BIC. I definitely have the right code. Anyone else experienced this problem? As others have stated very very easy to pay into - not so easy to get money out!

18. andicole0

Soldato

Have you made the initial payment into Coinbase, you need to make a Sepa transfer.
    Andi.

19. Meister

Associate

That’s the problem. When you click withdraw it asks you to set up a bank account whereby you are asked to enter your IBAN and BIC. At this point it says BIC is invalid. I was led to believe that had this been accepted the next stage would be to verify the account by using SEPA to send a few Euros over? Is that right?

20. Boot_Loop

Associate

This is turning into a nightmare for myself.

I followed their instructions to verify my UK account.

Sent a 6 EURO SEPA payment to Coinbase's using reference and filling in all the details. My bank informed me the SEPA payment went through. That was the 29th November. The bank has still not been verified.

Has anyone actually managed to get a UK bank verified? What bank was it and what did you do to get it done? Also, how long does it take?