Wobbly clutch lever

Man of Honour
I noticed today that my clutch lever on my YBR seems to wobble a hell of a lot up and down, I've had the bike for just over 2 weeks and I'm sure it didn't have that much play to start with.
I've had a quick Google and all I can find is people talking about play in the lever which can be adjusted by taking up the slack with the adjuster under the rubber cover, but my issue seems to be the lever moving about too much within the hinge part of the assembly if that makes sense.
Any one got any ideas? I've had a look around for replacement assemblies just in case it comes down to that but they don't seem very easy to find all I can see is the bare levers for sale.

Man of Honour
OP
They all seem to move a lot under slack, have you tried putting more tension on the cable and see if that helps?

Not yet I only noticed it as I was getting to work this morning, I'll have a fiddle tonight and see what happens.
I just had images of me rolling down the road with the bike behind me a clutch lever in my hand :D

Soldato
On my Varadero it's a pretty simple set up - bolt on top which goes through the clamp and through the lever pivot, and a nut on the other end. Try taking it apart (2 minute job) and see if the bolt is worn, or maybe the nut is loose - you'll probably have to take it apart during the summer to lube it up anyway.

Man of Honour
OP
On my Varadero it's a pretty simple set up - bolt on top which goes through the clamp and through the lever pivot, and a nut on the other end. Try taking it apart (2 minute job) and see if the bolt is worn, or maybe the nut is loose - you'll probably have to take it apart during the summer to lube it up anyway.
I'll check this if playing with the tension doesn't make any difference :)
It does happen :p
I have rescued a few friends on their 125's when learning, had to ride their bikes home for them with no clutch levers :D

Well that's filled me with confidence, cheers mate :p

Back
Top Bottom