Woman guilty of 'racist' Snap Dogg rap lyric Instagram post

Soldato
I don't believe non-black people should say the N word. If they want to reclaim it and turn it into something positive then good on them. You'll find black people who love using it, and black people who hate the word and think no one should use it.

It's not as black and white ( :p ) as, once you are less than 25% black you can't say it. If someone who isn't clearly black says it then I'll ask them why they believe they can say the word and go from there.

In the example in the op I'd ask the girl if she knows what that word means and it's historical use and see what she says. If she doesn't understand the history of the word then it's an education opportunity, if she does and continues to use it then thats on her.

So you can't actually (conclusively) differentiate who is 'black' and who isn't and can't therefore offer any consistent position as to who does and doesn't get word privelleges in this case. Pretty much as expected.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't believe non-black people should say the N word. If they want to reclaim it and turn it into something positive then good on them. You'll find black people who love using it, and black people who hate the word and think no one should use it.

It's not as black and white ( :p ) as, once you are less than 25% black you can't say it. If someone who isn't clearly black says it then I'll ask them why they believe they can say the word and go from there.

In the example in the op I'd ask the girl if she knows what that word means and it's historical use and see what she says. If she doesn't understand the history of the word then it's an education opportunity, if she does and continues to use it then thats on her.
So if the girl was black she wouldn't have been pulled up on it? This is confusing all this PC stuff. I'm going the easy path and just be racist:eek::p.

Associate
Perhaps to ensure total equality then prosecutors shouldn't be able to see the accused and any plea from said accused should be through a voice changer to eliminate any accent or gender equality issues. Any hint of race, religion, gender, name, age, or any other identifying factor completely removed from the prosecutors evidence.

Soldato
I just googled that song out of curiosity, and the video literally has him shooting some old man and robbing him and how to get away with it, then in the next scene, him drive by shooting a group of kids...

I sound like my dad here but...no wonder we lived in such a messed up world
thats like saying the world is messed up cos people do that stuff in gta :rolleyes:

cant link it for obvious reasons but your argument is not valid because:
Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It - ice cube

Caporegime
OP
I think if she was black then this wouldn't have even been investigated, yes

Maybe, maybe not. The officer who took offence at this states it doesn’t matter what colour your skin is, the word is offensive.

Whether they would only get charged with posting offensive things and not be upgraded to a hate crime who knows

Permabanned
Is that like gender reassignment? Racial reassignment!
Yeah, as in..
If there are things only a certain gender can do, I can make myself that gender and you're not allowed to question it.
If there are things only a certain race can say, I can make myself that race and you're not allowed to question it.

Soldato
Can Rachel Dolezal say "that word"?

I'm surprised there are people here defending the idea that's it's okay for one group to say and others not.

Certainly the idea of creating laws around this idea is a ridiculous notion.

Last edited:
Associate
A truly brilliant and hilarious loophole to the system. The press would love that as her defence, however it doesn't answer one of the major things with the whole case is that if she were a different race would the sentencing have been any different.

As I previously questioned, for complete equality does a judge need to be completely cut off from seeing, hearing, and knowing what sex or gender a defendant is, even disguising a persons voice to enable this, even keeping their name secret to disguise any form of previous known conviction or any form names linked to a particular race or religion, the same would apply to anyone giving evidence, such as the police officer involved. Then though would that be seen as discrimination, as a previous discussion on here linked to a news report stating that not discriminating is discrimination!

Back
Top Bottom