Woman who can smell Parkinson's!

Permabanned
It's probably something a lot of people can smell unless you're around people with Parkinson's you'd never know, you'd just assume they've got BO and not say anything.

Soldato
For me this is a non news story. My Father suffered with Parkinson's and how early it was diagnosed is irrelevant.

The fact there is no cure is the bigger issue.

So the NHS tell you 2 years earlier than they would have before 'oh you have an incurable brain condition'.

They need to be looking for some sort of cure :(

Soldato
For me this is a non news story. My Father suffered with Parkinson's and how early it was diagnosed is irrelevant.

So the NHS tell you 2 years earlier than they would have before 'oh you have an incurable brain condition'.

They are looking for a cure, but knowing 2 years earlier gives you 2 years of living your life and making the most of it as opposed to living the same day over an over and then all of a sudden "you've got Parkinsons" and you thinking of all the things you wish you'd done.

Soldato

Levodopa does slow Parkinson's down for most sufferers, if we had a test which would predict it prior to the clinical diagnosis and clinical symptoms, then those symptoms can be delayed significantly. This increases quality of life, and would also allow study and investigation into the early stages of the disease which is exactly what is needed to attempt to find a proper treatment or cure.

Soldato
As someone who's currently caring for my old man, 81 in May and diagnosed with Parkinsons a couple of years back, I have say that the evidence for this claim is shaky at best.

Back
Top Bottom