Women's Mountain bike?

Soldato
Is there Any benefit for a women to have a women's mountain bike over a 'mans' mountain bike?

My girlfriend is looking into buying a bike so she can come out with me on the bikes. Looking to spend about £300ish on one. Plenty of bikes out there but only a few female bikes.

She would be fine in the long run with any mountain bike wouldn't she?

Cheers

Associate
I got my girlfriend a 16 inch 2009 GT Aggressor XC 3 for £270 from halfords about 6 months ago. Just swapped the saddle over from her old bike and she loves it.

Bars were a little wide for her, but they can be cut down, brake lever reach also needed adjusting, luckily they had reach adjustment too.

I found mens bikes much better value due to deals and offers on older models.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I didn't think there would be.

Can any of you recommend anything around the £300 mark? Preferably from Evan Cycles as I found this company brilliant to deal with when I bought my MB.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
That looks great mate but 23", wouldn't that be huge?

She's a short arse at 5ft3. should have mentioned this in my previous post.

Edit: yeah 76-78" is the only size they have in.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love Kona, have a Kona my self.

Same.
Unfortunately, in recent years they have shifted focus from producing very good (but expensive) bikes to mass-produced, lower budget bikes.

They still make decent bikes, and that one from Evans is a good spec for the price, but the brand doesnt have the prestige that it used to have. I remember when i first got into mountain bikes (about 15 years ago), kona and santa cruz were the 2 top brands that we all wanted but none of us could afford :)

Soldato
OP
Went out and got her this earlier:

2012-01-21220019.jpg

A rabbit lost its life tonight aswell. Made the girlfriend happy by buying her a bike then 15 minute later i was the most evil person on the planet because a rabbit decided to throw its self in front of my car whilst i was doing 60+MPH.... Can't win...

Back
Top Bottom