Woo! Finally a day in the garage! I'm a garage spastic!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Had a beer with a couple of London Retro-Riders on Thursday night and the subject of garage spasticity came up. This is when you haven't been in the garage for some time and on your triumphant return to the toolbox, you find you've turned into a garage spastic and can't remember how to use a spanner :D

This was me today and yesterday.

I took Friday off work to do some spannering and I was surprised how little got done. I managed to get the steering box off the hotrod (which I was amazed I did with so few hand injuries and so much mess) and I fixed the fuelling problem. Rubber fuel hose is useless - it's official. It must have been going for ages because I was having starting problems for a long time and thought there was a carb problem, but I'm hoping it was the hose causing it.

Today was a bit more serious. I took the exhausts off the car to patch up the holes and try and seal them up a bit better, then give them a lick of EHT paint. Well it's taken me a whole day to do that and every tool in the garage. And to cap it all off, the exhausts are still leaning on the garage wall and the bonnet is stuffed under the car out in the carpark :D

But it doesn't matter, because my hands are smashed to bits, dry, black, and my fingernails are irreversibly dirty and I'm happy :)

Anyone else get out today? How much of a garage spastic are you?

dsb

dsb

Associate
yep fitted a stumpy aerial to the wifes MR2 which was not an easy task, fitted a new wing mirror, gave it a clean.

It was the first time i have had the chance to use my halfords pro tool kit for years, felt really good. Got a few more plans then ill be happy

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Nice one Jonny :D

My garage spasticity is kept at bay by Project Bentley. I never get chance to have my (admittedly meagre) skills get rusty as there is always something to do to that bloody car. God bless Crewe and their idea of 'good enough', because no other bugger would....

Soldato
Fitted a Jeep Cherokee intermediate steering column to my camaro, no more rag joint for me :D. Also fitted a new windscreen wiper switch so my variable intermitent wipers work now. Hazards like are not working though. A days welding is on the cards for tomorrow.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Off side rear coil spring, off side front shock and nearside front cv boot fitted to wife MK3 Mondeo (what are the odds on three diff corners for the MOT?)

Seriously thought the spring compressors were going to let go when fitting the spring back to the front shock - god damn gas assisted shocks "sucking" the rod down 2"! Had a brain wave though - pulled the or out and put a jubilee clip to stop the rod going back down.

The above seemed to take forever though and I'm bruised, bleeding and achy but quite happy with the £200-£300 labour I've saved doing it myself.

Inner track rod to do on the Scorpio tomorrow - bought myself a nice new set of 18" long stilsons especially for the job :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom