1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woo-hoo, the clocks go back to GMT this weekend!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feek, 26 Oct 2021.

1. 413x

Capodecina

I have a picture from this last summer on my kayak at 10pm and sun setting over the sea. One of my highlights of the year. Kind of my heaven. Then I look out now.. Grim.

2. 200sols

Sgarrista

But what about Autumn (the best season ) and winter to look forward to and hope for a cold and snowy one :D

3. V F

Capodecina

I hated snow since the 2009/10 winters. 8 weeks of snow for each of those winters made me hate it to this day. I used to love snowy winters

4. 413x

Capodecina

Autumn is always **** now. It's always gloom. Never gets cold enough to be nice! (I am coastal)

5. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

The only positive is that it makes Summer that much better when it comes around.

*this years doesn't count

6. chaparral

Capodecina

Hating snow, I think that called get too old :p

7. V F

Capodecina

Snow was fine for a few weeks at a time. Not constant for months.

8. Jean-F

Mobster

Bears start to hibernate around now, so those idiots will have to be determined, but bears do come up and check around occasionally and bear season starts in October in most States, but thankfully is still banned in Florida.

9. chaparral

Capodecina

Snow is great as long am not at work
    (Due to i work outside a lot of the time and it can be dam freezing being struck outside from 7am to 6pm in the snow :()

10. chaparral

Capodecina

Surely it be much better to put the clocks forward an hour instead :p

11. Captain

Capodecina

I’d rather we kept the time the same rather than moving back 1 hour in October.

12. fredwi

Gangster

Most pointless thing ever

13. BowdonUK

Soldato

I get to spend an extra hour with my American friends... for 2 weeks at least.

14. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

Where do you live the scottish highlands? We had a bit of snow and it was cold for a while iirc but that was about it. Come to think of it that was the last time there was any real snowfall havn't seen any for years now.

15. Smokey Deza

Wise Guy

How does it work if you're working? Would prefer another hour as long as it's paid.

16. Rroff

Man of Honour

Probably depends on company policy and needs of the business - I've had to stay on an extra hour before to ensure continuous operation which sucks.

17. Lysander

Capodecina

I can only offer my condolences, it must be quite depressing for you. In my case it's all good from here until March [at which point I start getting seriously stressed out and in need of medication]. But Oct-Feb is pretty much utter bliss for me.

18. robgmun

Capodecina

Feels like we skipped Summer and Autumn, it was just one long mild cloudly year. Autumn hasn't properly happened as most of the trees my way still have green leaves on them, usually by now they've all turned brown and shedding

19. Lysander

Capodecina

I believe that's something to do with the sun. A more sunny summer means more brown leaves more quickly. Or something like that.

20. 413x

Capodecina

Thanks. Yeah I knew moving here I'd be sacrificing a worse winter than normal. For a better summer. Just wish winter wasn't so long!