Woohoo - My new D80 Arrived :)

Associate
Good choice.
Can i suggest you get a copy of Capture NX to go with it.
Makes post-processing so easy, esp if you get a copy of Jason Odell's Capture NX guide.

Love my D80, its a joy to use and feels so comfortable.

Associate
SteveOBHave said:
Thanks Shoei, is there a need for it if I already use CS2?

It handles the RAW files a lot better.
You can modify camera settings and raw settings directly.
You can save modified versions of the NEF file in the original file.
Download the trial version and have a play.
I post process in NX and any thing else gets done in CS2 like printing.

Soldato
OP
Righto - have just come back for a bit of a wander around Little Venice in Maida Vale with my girlfriend. Light was really bad so you'll have to forgive the photos but these are the first... I have a great deal to learn about this camera especially when shooting in low light.

I was surprised to see that the 18-70mm lens has a reasonable macro ability.
Flower.jpg

Some random sculpture along the banks of one of the canals
men.jpg

My girlfriends finger - I know the sky is really blown out but it was quite glarey and I have to spend a little ping on a decent UV or circular polarising filter.
fingerear.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Yeah I'm pretty stoked with it. I'm really hanging out for some decent subject matter and a nice sunny day. Have ordered a UV and circular polarizing filter (Hoya) for it as well. I pretty much never took the CPF off my old camera.

The clarity and lack of noise in a DSLR really blows me away. I suspect I am going to get a great deal of joy out of this camera.

Soldato
OP
Got about 20 mins on sun today so I ran outside and took some snaps - from around Smithfields markets in London City - Feel free to comment.

Thinking that I maybe should've had the glass closer to me in focus rather than the glass further away.
glasswall.jpg

Door.jpg

ColdStorage.jpg

Soldato
OP
robmiller said:
Was that last one with a polariser, or was the sky really that blue?

No I'm still waiting for a Hoya CPL filter to arrive from Hong Kong. I think it was a result of the camera metering off the white wall so it darkend the sky by default. Quite a nice blue after all that I think.

Back
Top Bottom