Work messed me over....AGAIN

Soldato
Hi all

Your probably fed up of hearing my life issues...

I get paid weekly at work and this week i am £200 short... Basically i had a couple of days off last week sick, I advised my boss and he stated that he put it down as paid sick (as ive been with the company 7 years) However when upon opening my wage slip i find im miles short, He says he will speak to the office women to see why they've done it as not paid...

This is a big balls up as now i only have enough money for rent, No money for food shopping etc

Where do i stand and is there a way for me to get that money now?

Soldato
Go into work and speak to your boss plus the person that does the payroll? See if they've made a mistake and if they have, ask for an immediate bank transfer so you have the money.

Caporegime
if a £200 error is going to leave you short of cash for food etc.. then you really ought to get yourself some savings, a credit card is also rather useful in these circumstances

yup they ought to fix the error but if their fix just means making an adjustment to the next week's pay then you're presumably struggling for a few days which is a silly position to put yourself in

Associate
I'd start looking at another job too. You state this isn't the first time you've had issues with your employer.

Remember, they're not doing YOU a favour by giving you a job. You are doing THEM a favour by doing a job at a low enough rate that they can extract a profit from your labour.

Associate
I'd start looking at another job too. You state this isn't the first time you've had issues with your employer.

Remember, they're not doing YOU a favour by giving you a job. You are doing THEM a favour by doing a job at a low enough rate that they can extract a profit from your labour.

How do you know this? He might be on 40k a year for all we know

Caporegime
You need to not be living month to month. Get yourself out of this situation.
Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people do, including myself. To many it's not possible to put money away each month. I'm not eligible for any benefits as I earn too much yet just get by some months if something like a car repair arrives. Thousands like me are in similar positions.

Caporegime
To many it's not possible to put money away each month.

I suspect for plenty of them that isn't really true, I know a few people who claim this and yet are smokers for example... plenty of people could save some money just by cutting back on things for a little bit at least until they have a buffer.

Caporegime
I suspect for plenty of them that isn't really true, I know a few people who claim this and yet are smokers for example... plenty of people could save some money just by cutting back on things for a little bit at least until they have a buffer.
True, and there are also those that are 'skint' every month yet take 2 holidays a year, have a brand new lease VW on the drive and live in a four bedroom house they just moved into last year. I can assure you though, I am none of those things!

Man of Honour

A sad little game I play with myself sometimes is when I see a poster on here saying they can't save anything and have to live from one paycheck to the next or something along those lines, I do a quick scan of threads they've posted and lo-and-behold they normally have or were looking to purchase a bunch of expensive tech / car / holiday / whatever. Not looking to call anyone out by name but I compare these people with myself and they've got a much better / more expensive graphics card, £800 TV budget etc. It is up to people how they chose to spend their money but there's a big difference between being genuinely hard up and blowing wads of cash on what some would consider luxuries (higher end of market than necessary).

To be fair to the OP it isn't unusual for people to be caught a bit short if underpaid around Xmas for obvious reasons.

Soldato
A sad little game I play with myself sometimes is when I see a poster on here saying they can't save anything and have to live from one paycheck to the next or something along those lines, I do a quick scan of threads they've posted and lo-and-behold they normally have or were looking to purchase a bunch of expensive tech / car / holiday / whatever. Not looking to call anyone out by name but I compare these people with myself and they've got a much better / more expensive graphics card, £800 TV budget etc. It is up to people how they chose to spend their money but there's a big difference between being genuinely hard up and blowing wads of cash on what some would consider luxuries (higher end of market than necessary).

To be fair to the OP it isn't unusual for people to be caught a bit short if underpaid around Xmas for obvious reasons.
:eek: :eek: stalker alert!!
I do the same comparison IRL but I don't generally stalk people to find out, i only tend to do this with people I know when I hear them moaning about money.

Back
Top Bottom