Working christmas Day.

Soldato
Who is working Christmas Day this year, for me it was entirely optional and decided to do it purely for the wage packet, although i have a four hour drive on xmas day to get to my location of work, then work 6 hours and drive back home for xmas dinner 5pm:)

Soldato
Does the extra wage make it worthwhile driving for 8 hours and work 6 hours? Are you getting paid for the driving time.

Oh and im not working xmas day

Edit: It's worth it then :)

Caporegime
Worked xmas day serval. Years during my phd, this year I won't ad I am undecided about the Reston the week. Except i will be working on the 24th.

Soldato
Used to work it all the time when I was milking cows. They don't milk themselves but I used to volunteer to do Christmas day so that I could get NY day off.

Caporegime
I usually put my name down for four hours, 10-2 as i dont pick the kids up until later in the afternoon. Do four hours, get £30 an hour for it, to my mums for xmas dinner then go and get the kids. Works out well.

Soldato
I've been on-call over both Christmas and New Year lots of times in the past, didn't mind doing it at all ... extra money for not getting called 99% of the time.

I wouldn't mind doing office cover over Christmas even for the right price; wouldn't do it on my Birthday though. This year I'm off from the weekend before Christmas until the 3rd January (as the 2nd is my Birthday)

Soldato
Yep, working Christmas day, in retail. All because people are incompetent at remembering to buy everything they need for the day.

As you can tell I'm bitter about it. I swear if a customer asks what I'm doing for the day I'm going to flip.

Back
Top Bottom