Working for the police?

Soldato
Black or muslim or both? :o

Aslong as you aren't white it will be no ploblem.;)

The MET police turned away a guy who served in Afghanistan (Was in the Ross Kemp thing), Because they are trying to meet ethnic targets. Was in the local paper, so it must be true. ;)

He was actually white, straight and looked like a neo-nazi. It utterly amazed us how he got in, but he did, so kudos! It was even more of a shock as Greater Manchester police admit positive discrimination against whites.

As for your second point, the plod used to dislike taking ex-military personnel. Partly due to PTSD risks, partly due to the difference in targets, strategy etc. I.e. Military types tend to like to do things to the letter, pc's don't as they cba.

Soldato
whatttt? You get ABH for punching someone and breaking their nose.

GBH would be serious wounding ie. breaking of bones
Not at all. Could be to do with intent.

wiki said:
ABH is distinguished from the more serious charge of grievous bodily harm both on the level of intent required, and on the severity of the injury (self-evidently, the severity may provide evidence of the intent). The Crown Prosecution Service provide examples of factors which may indicate intent; for example: "a repeated or planned attack; deliberate selection of a weapon or adaptation of an article to cause injury, such as breaking a glass before an attack; making prior threats; and using an offensive weapon against, or kicking the victim's head". All these examples would distinguish the crime as GBH, rather than ABH.

Soldato
What do you mean by last 5 years. I've seen a search done on someone's criminal record, and trust me, it goes back all the way. Even stuff done before you are 18, they don't get deleted.

He's thinking of this but it doesn't apply for jobs with the police..

ACE, phone your local force on Monday, they'll know the answer. Just don't even think about lying on your application.

Soldato
OP
He's thinking of this but it doesn't apply for jobs with the police..

ACE, phone your local force on Monday, they'll know the answer. Just don't even think about lying on your application.

I would not consider lying, I'm open about it, I admit I did something I should not have done, but I think under the circumstances, their was just cause.

Soldato
I would not consider lying, I'm open about it, I admit I did something I should not have done, but I think under the circumstances, their was just cause.

Unfortunately, the cause is irrelevant - as much as I feel for you.

However, it could even vary police force by force, e.g., the marines wouldn't take you - but the para's would. So, some forces may take you. BTP for instance.

Permabanned
You wont become a police officer if they check your "reason" for breaking the law.

Your best bet is to say you and your friends were mucking around and you hurt one of them, he didnt mind too much but his parents kicked up a fuss.

The way the police will see it is that if you ever get called to a domestic where a man hit a women theres a chance you'd hit him. It would be very difficult to convince them otherwise.

And rofl @ "no man should ever hit a woman" What a load of rubbish.

Soldato
You wont become a police officer if they check your "reason" for breaking the law.

Your best bet is to say you and your friends were mucking around and you hurt one of them, he didnt mind too much but his parents kicked up a fuss.

The way the police will see it is that if you ever get called to a domestic where a man hit a women theres a chance you'd hit him. It would be very difficult to convince them otherwise.

And rofl @ "no man should ever hit a woman" What a load of rubbish.

As for your last point, I think he meant "no man should ever BEAT a women", which is why I think he went Vietnam on the guy. As would I, most likely!

And to lie to the police - or any employer for that matter - is professional suicide. If they ever find out, your neck.

Associate
As far as I'm aware the victim only needs to bleed for it to be considered GBH.

Not really.

A punch to the nose which causes a bleed will be considered ABH, which is not as serious as GBH.

GBH falls into two categories where there is intent and no intenet but the injuries are more severe such as broken bones, lacerations, stab wounds etc.

Permabanned
As for your last point, I think he meant "no man should ever BEAT a women", which is why I think he went Vietnam on the guy. As would I, most likely!

And to lie to the police - or any employer for that matter - is professional suicide. If they ever find out, your neck.

Oh right so its okay for a woman to beat a man? :/

Yep but they will never let him in with a gbh conviction, shows he cant keep his cool and a unbiased view. Two things police need.

Why don't you go and test that excuse and see how far it gets you?

i wouldnt need to lie.

Back
Top Bottom