Working in Europe - Suggestions on Tax?

bum

bum

Associate
Evening lads,

I have received a job offer in Amsterdam. This came in as a bit of shocker as originally this was suppose to be a contract job which last only for 3 months. It was only after my interview with them I was told it's going to be a permanent role and they wish me relocate to the Netherlands :eek:

Now, the job itself isn't so bad afterall, but with it being a long term thing, I realised I would be paying a hefty sum of tax with the Netherlands tax system. I did a bit of calculation and they would deduct at least 42% of my salary for tax :eek::mad:

I'm just wondering if there are any way I could work around it?

- I have been working as a freelancer in London, so I have my own limited company registered in the UK.
- I asked them to pay me to my UK business account but was told since I am working in the Netherlands I still have to go through their tax system, but would be better overall for individual. However, the catch is this (or as I was told by the agency) I can only ask them to pay me like this for 6 months, and after 6 months I will, as operating as a company require to buy a permanent property in Netherlands?

So does any of you great people out there, who have worked in mainland Europe had any idea?

tl;dr - I want to dodge personal income tax for Europe as they taking 42% away from my salary.

Caporegime
You are going to be living and working in he Netherlands, so that is where you will be paying taxes.

If you want to pay less taxes then you can move to a country that has lower tax rates. Switzerland for example.

bum

bum

Associate
OP
You are going to be living and working in he Netherlands, so that is where you will be paying taxes.

If you want to pay less taxes then you can move to a country that has lower tax rates. Switzerland for example.

Surely there is a way to legally work around this

Back
Top Bottom