Workplace toilets and the law

Soldato
Today the mens’ loos at work are out of order. So have to use the ladies’. Normally the customer toilet but that’s broken too.

Some females are naturally not happy with their male colleagues using the ladies’.

I have been in them without issue as shouted “hello, anyone there?” No response- ok. Then I heard the outer door open, I said I was in there. Just in case it’s a female and not comfortable with me being there.

Why would that be a problem when you're female? To be a good liar you need to have a good memory. Or are you just so desperate for something new to whinge about that you're just making **** up now?

Soldato
Both of the Offices, Shops and Rail Premises Act 1963 and The Factories Act of 1961 specify exactly how many toilets your workplace should have.

If your workplace is short of loos and you want it fixed fast, tell your boss that you’ve phoned the local HSE inspectorate and reported the matter.

Caporegime
If your workplace is short of loos and you want it fixed fast, tell your boss that you’ve phoned the local HSE inspectorate and reported the matter.

if the boss responds to this with anything other than "call them, be my guest" then he/she/Cheesefest doesn't know what they're talking about. If you have a bank of loos blocked or whatever but have put secondary provisions in place, the HSE won't care. Even knocking on a neighbour's door and asking if your staff can use their loos until yours is fixed is acceptable, it's all about the word "reasonable" in the H&S world.

Of course this is assuming it's a shop with 10-odd workers and not an Amazon wherehouse with... actually yanno what, they probably only have 10 workers anyway, but you get my point :D

Soldato
Today the mens’ loos at work are out of order. So have to use the ladies’. Normally the customer toilet but that’s broken too.

Some females are naturally not happy with their male colleagues using the ladies’.

I have been in them without issue as shouted “hello, anyone there?” No response- ok. Then I heard the outer door open, I said I was in there. Just in case it’s a female and not comfortable with me being there.
I'm sure I've read this post before.

Soldato
You know I've sat here in the background for so long having never commented (throughout Covid) on so many numerous threads that kinda "almost" drew my attention . . . . . . . .

But this?

Wow - just wow!

Yeah . . . .

Kinda glad my feet are feely toasty now ;)

Back
Top Bottom