World Cup Song to No.1 for Rik Mayall !

Man of Honour
Today DJ Jon Morter launched a campaign to get Rik Mayall's 'lost' World Cup anthem from 2010 to the top of the charts in his honour.

Speaking on the eve of this year's World Cup, Mr Morter urged people to buy Mr Mayall's song, Noble England, which features him reciting the stirring speech from Shakespeare's Henry V over a football chant.

Mr Morter, who organised a successful campaign to get Rage Against The Machine's song, Killing In The Name, to Number One in 2009, said: 'I want everyone to buy it to get it up to Number One for Rik's memory.'

He said: 'The song didn't do very well in 2010 because there were a lot of others out there but it's a fantastic song.

'It's now time on the eve of the 2014 World Cup for everyone to realise how good this fantastic song is, and buy it from Amazon or iTunes.'

One

One

Soldato
The problem with it for me is that's it's halfway between satire and a genuine song. The main chorus about being noble englishmen being something you could see a football hooligan yelling, but then he sings about the fans' limbs being from england which is an obvious joke about the trivialities of national pride.

Although perhaps it's too subtle for the common football hooligan which would actually make it a genius troll?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
The problem with it for me is that's it's halfway between satire and a genuine song. The main chorus about being noble englishmen being something you could see a football hooligan yelling, but then he sings about the fans' limbs being from england which is an obvious joke about the trivialities of national pride.

Although perhaps it's too subtle for the common football hooligan which would actually make it a genius troll?

Well the Limbs being from England part is from the original Henry V speech, though admittedly Shakespeare is too subtle for the common football hooligan

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Strange people look down on English hooligans when years ago it was the done thing to Invade Europe & smash the place up. Only difference was when you got back they made you a Lord & gave you a County or summit. :D

That is Me trying to inject some much needed Black humour to this thread.

That song is Dire & I'd hate to think that anybody remembered Rik by that load of dogs *****.

Back
Top Bottom