World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah the new release of same panels etc is not really a new thing, happened for years now with IPS panels and the like. I forgot to add that Samsung' QD-OLED comes with 3 years of warranty that also includes burn-in, that alone might sway many folks.

Soldato
Oddly I have seen absolutely nothing about the Samsung one, only the Alienware, which is odd considering. I assumed they would launch their own version? Or is it the panel itself that has a 3 year warranty.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Soldato
If anyone is thinking of buying the AW3423DW and have a Santander account can get up to £80 cash back. It is save 10% with a maximum of up to £80.

Here is the link to it - UKHOTDEALS- Dell Offer

It is always nice to save a bit of money.

Edit - Just checked and Lloyds have the same deal.

Yep. I did that a few months ago and recently got paid the £80 :D

Associate
I'll jump in and say more accurate and natural colours due to being QD-OLED, as pure as white can get, more immersion due to a curved panel, longer lasting due to being QD-OLED. Add to that, Gsync Ultimate, 144/175Hz.
Much better ABL behavior. 240nits vs 180nits at 100%

Uniformity way better as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, looks like since I'm not happy with the replacement, Dell are now only giving me the option to return my monitor for a full refund. Given the ridiculous discount I got on it, and the lack of any comparable alternative, I guess they have me over a barrel :(

Soldato
Well, looks like since I'm not happy with the replacement, Dell are now only giving me the option to return my monitor for a full refund. Given the ridiculous discount I got on it, and the lack of any comparable alternative, I guess they have me over a barrel :(

A shame these seem to have so many issues from such a small amount of buyers just on here.

Soldato
My new one seems fine but fan noise seems more audible than my last one, which I couldn't really hear on previous one. Can't always hear on new one.

My options are basically to keep old one with dead pixel in middle of the screen, or keep the new one which doesn't have any dead pixels but has a more audible fan.

Given my cost to buy the screen was reasonable, and I don't think I would get a chance to get another replacement (may also have same issue) I'm probably going to just keep the one with the noisier fan and no dead pixels.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Yea my new one seems fine pixel wise, but the fan does seem more audible than the previous. Given it's still not more audible than my desktop next (only under load whilst I have headphones on playing a game) to it I'm happy to keep it over getting a refund or a massive dead pixel area!

Soldato
Need to test with the fan noise some more, recent hotter weather probably feeds into it a bit, PC isn't silent so I can't usually hear it over that.

Could be more down to how long it's been on for as well.

I only paid £650~ I think so refunding isn't a great plan, as I'd have to buy something else and spend a load more.

Think I can live with the fan noise given price paid and alternative options.

Associate
Weirdly enough, I just got my Dell QD OLED monitors, only opened one so far and am not totally blown away by them. Colours feel a little bit muted which is odd... Only using HDMI ( 8 bit / 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz ). Got a USB C to displayport cable coming tomorrow so hopefully that will be a little better...

Soldato
Need to test with the fan noise some more, recent hotter weather probably feeds into it a bit, PC isn't silent so I can't usually hear it over that.

Could be more down to how long it's been on for as well.

I only paid £650~ I think so refunding isn't a great plan, as I'd have to buy something else and spend a load more.

Think I can live with the fan noise given price paid and alternative options.

Yeah, that's about what I paid for mine, so as you say any replacement is going to be significantly more :(

Caporegime
Weirdly enough, I just got my Dell QD OLED monitors, only opened one so far and am not totally blown away by them. Colours feel a little bit muted which is odd... Only using HDMI ( 8 bit / 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz ). Got a USB C to displayport cable coming tomorrow so hopefully that will be a little better...
I felt the same tbh, I like my colours punchy so I used the 'RTS' setting and increased the saturation a little through drivers and found it great :cool: (DP cable connected)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
2nd Panel Refresh prompt since ownership now. Effectively every 2 months or so if used daily for WFH and normal use.

20220807_212051.jpg

Caporegime
2nd Panel Refresh prompt since ownership now. Effectively every 2 months or so if used daily for WFH and normal use.

20220807_212051.jpg
Guessing I should run my first one now then! Have been putting it of since obviously the timer was counting when the monitor was in standby with eco off.....

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Run it when the auto prompt comes up. It will come up after 1500 hours. I am not doing mine now, will do it before I go to bed. Doesn't need to be done immediately when prompted of course. The message goes away after about 20 seconds and will run when you go to standby/power button.

Caporegime
Run it when the auto prompt comes up. It will come up after 1500 hours. I am not doing mine now, will do it before I go to bed. Doesn't need to be done immediately when prompted of course. The message goes away after about 20 seconds and will run when you go to standby/power button.
That's what I've been doing for the past 2 months since the first prompt, will be nice not to have it popping up anymore! :p

Associate
Not run mine yet, keeps popping up message to do panel refresh.

The fan noise on my monitor is very quiet can't see why it would bother anybody the air cooled 3080Ti makes a lot more noise while gaming, but even when not gaming monitor is very quiet.

Very happy with this monitor glad I didn't buy a LG 42 inch C2, would of been too big and probably given me eye strain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom