World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
maxresdefault.jpg

IT IS NOT PENTILE

Caporegime
I think everyone should hold of on their orders until I get mine and confirm ;) :p :D

If it is an issue in "normal" viewing conditions then it's a price I'm willing to pay for having a superior display in every other way compared to other monitors. LG 42" oled would be next in line but 42" is just far too big for desktop use imo, mainly in terms of physical height:

D17rZNh.png

And that's compared to a 38" 21.9 monitor :eek:

Associate
I think everyone should hold of on their orders until I get mine and confirm ;) :p :D

If it is an issue in "normal" viewing conditions then it's a price I'm willing to pay for having a superior display in every other way compared to other monitors. LG 42" oled would be next in line but 42" is just far too big for desktop use imo, mainly in terms of physical height:

D17rZNh.png

Damn 42 is still too big. Why can't you just do a 32!!!!

Soldato

D17rZNh.png

36" 4k would be perfect IMO, but nothing exists :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

D17rZNh.png

I’d be happy with that. Just not paying £1249 for it. Need to be under 1K for sure.

Soldato
You can always use 42 inch as 38 inch ultrawide - thats what I intend to do if AW will turn out to be a faff.

A 42" is 2" wider than a 38" UW though so doesn't fit in the space I have at all. 38" would already be pushing space I've got. And it huge compared to 34" width.

Need a standard 40" to get 38" UW. If they had that there wouldn't be a question about it tbh. It also way overpriced by about £300 and should be more like £999

Last edited:
Soldato
You can always use 42 inch as 38 inch ultrawide - thats what I intend to do if AW will turn out to be a faff.

Only problem with that would be to have it at the correct height I'd need the bottom of the screen to be sitting on my knees... (ok maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but it would be literally sat directly on the desk which wouldn't be ideal)

Associate
Only problem with that would be to have it at the correct height I'd need the bottom of the screen to be sitting on my knees... (ok maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but it would be literally sat directly on the desk which wouldn't be ideal)

You can use a monitor arm - even reasonably priced ones like Ergotron LX handle 48c1 - and c2 is generally lighter than c1. With Ergotron HX you will be golden. Also c2 is supposed to be able to shift the displayed screen in ultrawide, so you can technically move it to top and leave the bottom part switched off.

Soldato
You can use a monitor arm - even reasonably priced ones like Ergotron LX handle 48c1 - and c2 is generally lighter than c1. With Ergotron HX you will be golden. Also c2 is supposed to be able to shift the displayed screen in ultrawide, so you can technically move it to top and leave the bottom part switched off.

Yeah, I have my 38" on a monitor arm atm :)

Didn't realise you could move it to the bottom - that would certainly make it a lot more usable!

Soldato
OP
Except they don't show the color problem they talk about stuff that no one else is saying just random stuff - like how can they claim "is it 600nits?" Is a myth? I haven't heard anyone say that, show me one, talk about real problems

Associate
Just spoken to Dell Live Chat. AW3423DW won't be available in UK until after April 4th, probably can still order on 22 March but won't receive until 04 April.

Back
Top Bottom