World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
I feel like it's just generic wording they use for any product delay. They mainly deal in computers where you do actually select parts, so probably just because of that, lol.

That said apparently people in the US got told it was a issue of them not having enough stands, which if true is a bizarre one to say the least. Not what I expected to be the limitation.

Haha, yes, you'd think someone somewhere would think "so we have X monitors... I think we will also need X stands". If that's the issue here then I'll happily take one without a stand as long as they send it through later when they have stock :p

Associate
Finally arrived
20220323-142055.jpg

Soldato
That looks like it's been stood/jumped on!

Just got off live chat and can sadly only confirm what has been said to everyone else. If your monitor hasn't shipped yet then expect an updated ETA in the next 24-48 hours. Hopefully the boat from China isn't too far away!

Soldato
Does the payment get taken when it actually ships? I've ordered an LG C2 now from Richer Sounds, collecting it tomorrow, but if payment isn't taken yet I'll just leave it in place with Dell?

Associate
That looks like it's been stood/jumped on!

Just got off live chat and can sadly only confirm what has been said to everyone else. If your monitor hasn't shipped yet then expect an updated ETA in the next 24-48 hours. Hopefully the boat from China isn't too far away!
well in 20 years of pc building this is the first Alienware product I have ever bought and the last

Associate
"Dear James,

Hope you are doing good and staying healthy!

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I understand from your email that you would like to change the shipping address for your recent Dell Order to the same as your billing address.

I would be glad to offer you assistance with the best possible resolution. Please rest assured!

I would like to inform you that as the order is in production stage, we will not be able to make the changes immediately. Please know that the shipping address can be modified once the order is shipped out from Dell.

Once the order is shipped you will be receiving a shipment notification on your e-mail with all the tracking details.

Once you receive the shipment notification, I request you to kindly reply to me on this e-mail and I will be contacting our Logistics Team asking them to update the shipping address as per your request.

I would also like to inform you that your order is in production and there is an inventory shortage on BASE required to build this order and the order estimated to ship out from Dell on 04/29/2022.

Please be informed that the order is being closely monitored by our order management team, as an expedite request is submitted by me on the order to get it delivered to you at its earliest.

Having said that, I don't want you to be at the receiving end and as a gesture, I would be glad to offer you a credit worth $100 as the order has been delayed.

Since an order is charged only post order shipment, we have a provision to process a credit only then. Hence, if you are happy with this credit, kindly reply to this email post order shipment (within 30 days) and I'd be glad to process this credit, which will be credited in the original mode of payment within 8 business days from then.

I hope I was able to address your concern healthily!
Sincerely,

Md Abid Mubadiduh Sheirki
Dell | Customer Care"

Thought that message was funny. What kind of garbage ordering system would Dell use that you couldn't change the shipping address on an order that's not shipping for two months (my backup monitor).

Caporegime
So if everyone's orders get pushed back (which is pretty much guaranteed now from the looks of it) till May or later, how many will be cancelling?

Soldato
So if everyone's orders get pushed back (which is pretty much guaranteed now from the looks of it) till May or later, how many will be cancelling?

Probably not - given the discounts I've gotten I think it would be pretty stupid to do so. Saying that, if it was more than say 2 months I'd definitely be having 2nd thoughts.

My dilemma now is when to sell the 38"... ASAP while this is in short supply and there might still be demand, or wait till I have the 34" in hand...

Associate
I'll maintain my order. £847 - Steal for the monitor imo. Unless I see something better in the very short term I can be patient for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom