World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Still going to try it, get one in my hands, give it a run for it's money.

It's not as if my IPS screen I have now is perfect, grey blacks, ips glow etc.
Exactly. Can't be worse than what I have. If I don't like it I can send it back or sell it for profit. Don't see the problem here. No chance I will cancel :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's going worse. Especially for you who is coming from 163 ppi screen. The AW3423DW looks like something below 100 ppi because of this ****** pixel rendering.
Why is @mrk and @Nexus18 and majority of people online saying it is awesome though? I guess I will find out soon. Maybe they love 21:9 so much they are willing to settle for it, don't really know.

It would suck if what you are saying is true. I would never again listen to a word @Nexus18 says :p:cry:

Soldato
The moment he compared the colours with a nano ips (known for being oversaturated), i just turned off.
Then he talks about the Glossy coating being bad, when it actually help with viewability when there is off angle backlighting.

It's not perfect, some of the things are small isues. But it's significantly better than many monitors on the market.
The fans are quiet on my screen, have to put my ear to the vent to hear them.

If you are coming from a higher DPI screen, anything lower is going to look less sharp. But overall the screen looks sharper than my old 1080p.

Caporegime
Why is @mrk and @Nexus18 and majority of people online saying it is awesome though? I guess I will find out soon. Maybe they love 21:9 so much they are willing to settle for it, don't really know.

It would suck if what you are saying is true. I would never again listen to a word @Nexus18 says :p:cry:
:cry: :D

Some of those points could very well be valid (if so, I would also be seeking as replacement) and say some things maybe are down to preference i.e. "colors are broken (looking wrong like va colors) and washed out compared with LG nano ips". Colour is a very subjective thing, lots of people love over saturated/incorrect colours, same way people love over sharpening.... either that or his out of the box or own settings are very wrong. I don't have any hardware calibration stuff so can't speak for how accurate the display is, @mrk has already covered that and found good results though as well as a few review sites now.

All in all though, I highly disagree with every point except for the flicker with certain scenes on dark backgrounds (I definitely notice this without even looking for it). For what it's worth I currently have LG e7 (pretty old now though tbf), a 2019 macbook pro (awesome screen and nothing can touch it's clarity/sharpness but to be expected given the PPI), iiyama 34"IPS 1440 (good display on whole but nothing compared to this), lg 29" 1080P (actually an awesome screen for colours and uses the lightest matte coating)

Speaking of which, what clear type settings are people using? I haven't messed with it yet.

Would be interested to see some of your own comparison photos lugerfield as well as the lnik to that remark on the motion bit?

Associate
@TNA

I had nearly every monitor since 2015. I know very well what im talking about. The QD Oled would be very good if it had the strengths (beside of ppi) of the JOLED panel used for the 32EP950.

This would be a real game changer.

I used a 34GP950G before its worlds sharper than this AW3423DW. Also the fan is nearly inaudible compared with the very loud fans of the AW3423DW.

@Nexus18

You can disagree with all my points. I have tested the AW3423DW. I know the reality. No need for defending my purchase. It's total crap. Nearly the worst monitor i have seen for years.

The PG32UQX fans are only a little bit louder which is insane.

Associate
Then look for other posts on internet, a lot have the same opinion. Otherwise im from Germany. No need for getting UK people canceling their orders ;).

Maybe luger is that YouTube guy who thinks the old 27" Nano IPS 1440p Alienware is much better because it has higher brightness :cry:
He has to be a troll or someone who doesn't know what you're talking about/idiot an IPS screen cannot compete with an Oled one I've been using them for years and the difference is night and day

Soldato
OP
I got this AW3423DW for around 1625 Euros (early morning order).

You should cancel your orders asap. It's absolutely trash. I had an 1000 Euro 2nd order open, i canceled it too after testing.

Negative aspects:

-colors are broken (looking wrong like va colors) and washed out compared with LG nano ips
-the screen has an very annoying silver/white glow
-the fan/s are very loud
-near black flickering
-vrr flickering
-green/magenta artefacts (bad pixelrendering)
-bad sharpness/fuzzy text/picture, looks like crappy bgr pixelrendering, compared with nano ips with same ppi absolute trash
-glossy surface, any enviroment light is causing massive distraction and defocusing
-mine has two subpixel failures, magenta on white background and green on black background
-hdr 1000 peak mode much worse than hdr 400 true black mode, abl is much more aggressive
-motion not as smooth and sharp as nano ips (LG 34GP950G), oled juttering + 5 ms btg transitions (no joke a tester measured it), lg wrgb oled is much better
-some models with scratches on ar coating due no film protection
-every 4 hours pixel refresh for multiple minutes

Positive aspects:

-hdr looks fairly good in hdr 400 true black mode
-contrast is very good
-no blb
-no halos

Thisnis what I'm seeing as well, I thought it's just my imagination but every side by side video I see the Alienware QD OLED looks bad. LG OLED ftw

Caporegime
Best to wait for HDTV test and tftcentral when it comes to what is more correct in terms of colour accuracy talk. I would probably say that my lg has more vividness to the image but the AW seems more natural/accurate but as said, all pointless going by eye :) AW easily wins for the zero banding and better handling of dark scenes + uniformity though.

Associate
He has to be a troll or someone who doesn't know what you're talking about/idiot an IPS screen cannot compete with an Oled one I've been using them for years and the difference is night and day

Can not compete :D. LOL. If you imagine an JOLED oder LG OLED panel you are absolutely right. But this QD Oled panels are not on the same level. They are very close to va in terms of color performance.

Dont call me troll or idiot. I have much more experience than most users (i would say all, because it's very unlikely somebody has seen nearly every gaming monitor (most multiple times) for 7+ years) on forums.

Last edited:
Associate
Can not compete :D. LOL. If you imagine an JOLED oder LG OLED panel you are absolutely right. But this QD Oled panels are not on the same level. They are very close to va in terms of color performance.

Dont call me troll or idiot. Im have much more experience than most users on forums.
Great a German grammar Nazi lol
I find what do you say about the colour is hard to believe due to the fact is can get over 90% rec2020 and all the early feedback about the new panels was about how amazing the colours are. IPS displays look washed out when compared to just a normal Woled

I don't care how much experience you has with gaming monitors. I'm from the AV world and has nothing but calibrated displays for last 20 years and I know what colour should look like and my biggest frustration has been terrible every single gaming monitor I have had has locked which is why I'm excited for this new one

Associate
The color space is correlating with deltaE? VA has also good color space coverages and it looks like?

According your experience, you have never seen nano ips. It's not looking washed out. Va and QD Oled are looking washed out.

About grammar. Try to speak German, i would wonder if it's better than my English ;).

QD-Oled vs. Nano IPS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNVET5Ibwv4

Even in this video you see how crappy the qd oled is.

Last edited:
Associate
The color space is correlating with deltaE? VA has also good color space coverages and it looks like?

According your experience, you have never seen nano ips. It's not looking washed out. Va and QD Oled are looking washed out.

About grammar. Try to speak German, i would wonder if it's better than my English ;).
You corrected my grammar which is why I called your grammar Nazi. Im dyslexic and have issues with grammar and spelling it really boils my pee and grammar Nazi have to point out any tiny issue. Yes I have seen in nano IPS panel they're great for office work.

Associate
Tbh, in my experience, i can't trust initial impressions of oled TV or monitors from others, but ill definitely take it onboard. Many people were raving about the c9 vrr and the picture being perfect. I upgraded from a 7 series oled and could immediately see the gamma was raised with vrr. Was in the very small minority for a good few months. Shocked me how long it took to get noticed. The delights of new screen hunting.

Edit I guess many didn't notice, because oled even with the raised gamma still looks amazing if you came from LCD.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

QD-Oled vs. Nano IPS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNVET5Ibwv4

Even in this video you see how crappy the qd oled is.
That was the youtube guy I was referring to in my earlier post. Is that your YouTube account by any chance :)

Back
Top Bottom