World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
That photo of the husky just pops more on your lg oled thanbthe Alienware - the Alienware continue to look full to me in any comparison- must be that awful anti glare coating

It popping more on the LG is going to be due to the white sub pixel. At higher brighness for white colous, it can really make highlights pop. But it washes out other colours when they are peaking.

The reflective coating also helps to improve clarity and luminance of a display compared to a matte coating. The matte coating diffuses the image a bit making it softer and also diffracts the light output more.

Caporegime
Ah cheers for the links, they do look great, especially the polar bear fur.

A friend of mine who has a C1 and a 240Hz monitor says that the C1 at 144 Hz, even running VRR feels more responsive than the 240Hz monitor being maxed. So a lot of it is likely coming down to that pixel responsiveness.

On the VRR side of things, the screen has said on it's menu ( Gsync : Gsync ) since i plugged it in, but i didn't even have VRR enabled in radeon settings. So it's been difficult for me to tell if it has even been working. I have enabled VRR in radeon settings now but i am finding it difficult to test.

Nvidia have a tool for testing gsync:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/community/demos/#!/g-sync

I would say if you're not seeing any screen tearing and fps doesn't feel choppy when fluctuating from 60-100 fps, gsync is working.

On another note, just noticed ufotest have a good test for showing of gsync :cool:

https://www.testufo.com/gsync

That photo of the husky just pops more on your lg oled thanbthe Alienware - the Alienware continue to look full to me in any comparison- must be that anti glare coating

LG does "pop" more (although kind of exaggerated in photos), AW looks more natural though imo. But again, it's such a subjective thing when going by your own eyes.

Nothing to do with the anti glare coating. Here is the same photo but with gamma 2.4 instead of 2.2:

gHrDNdm.jpg

Associate
I have used canary Jules to calibrate my tv’s in the past he’s very highly regarded and very knowledgeable too. I found him through avs forums where he is very highly thought of there too. He’s based in the midlands.

Associate
In case anyone wondering/care - replacing my cable with a proper, DP certified cable fixed my split second blinking issue. So if anyone has any problems, you need to try better cable - it seems to be incredibly sensitive to cable quality.

Soldato
In case anyone wondering/care - replacing my cable with a proper, DP certified cable fixed my split second blinking issue. So if anyone has any problems, you need to try better cable - it seems to be incredibly sensitive to cable quality.

I had this issue with a HP Omen 25i I bought a few months ago. Seems that the quality of cables included with monitors these days has taken a total nose dive!

Associate
I'll probably keep my order and see for myself.
This screen game is so subjective.

I'd hoped that they had sorted the vrr flicker, and the fact Vincent reports it is there is disappointing - especially with this being a gaming monitor. Again this shows just how conflicting reports can be for the first round of impressions. Id already been assured by people who own this monitor that it wasn't an issue, then I see Vincent vid that touched on it for 5s.

Soldato
I'll probably keep my order and see for myself.
This screen game is so subjective.

I'd hoped that they had sorted the vrr flicker, and the fact Vincent reports it is there is disappointing - especially with this being a gaming monitor. Again this shows just how conflicting reports can be for the first round of impressions. Id already been assured by people who own this monitor that it wasn't an issue, then I see Vincent vid that touched on it for 5s.
Don't think I've seen any on my LG 27GP950, it should not be a thing at all really. May be because he was using HDMI?

Associate
Don't think I've seen any on my LG 27GP950, it should not be a thing at all really. May be because he was using HDMI?

The vrr flicker here is inherant to the oled tech. It's concerning that he said: but for the games without vrr flicker, 175hz is great. Does this mean he'd rather reduce the hz for some games to mitigate the flicker?

Associate
The vrr flicker here is inherant to the oled tech. It's concerning that he said: but for the games without vrr flicker, 175hz is great. Does this mean he'd rather reduce the hz for some games to mitigate the flicker?

Edit Apologies for repeatably bringing the vrr up. Oled is such a great tech, so close to my perfect panels but when the flicker occurs in game, it really is jarring to some and such a bitter pill to swallow to see it on my perfect screen .D

Man of Honour
@Minstdave

Yes, i have tested it. Look for my results here. "A list of the internet". All the points i made are true.
Compare it with vincents "review", nothing about it. Who is telling the truth? A smooth talker or someone who is also mentioning serious negative points?

"Best display reviewer" who is not mentioning a single negative aspect which even reviewers are mentioning. Strange opinion.

The "random german guy" has offered the full list of pro and cons, but you are still unthankful because your purchase decision is unjustifiable.

lol yeah tough call. Who to trust? A respected long time and thorough reviewer who has actually used the screen, or you, who again clearly hasnt ever used the screen and is lying once again about having one.

Compiling a list of gripes posted across the internet, and pretending they are your experience is not a “review”
I was waiting for you to fall in the trap.
Go on and read the methodology they are using and why results are completely different than most of the reviewers(this methodology is indeed better, you just have no other results to compare to.
As I said, clueless.
Yes absolutely. I don’t have time to go in to it here while on my phone, but I’ve spoken to Nada and Stephan (who does the testing for her) at length about the methodology and device (OSRTT) which I’ve been helping to test, validate and develop.

They’ve used a very different set of options and a different figure in their results, without fully understanding the options and what it’s showing you as a viewer. I have the full raw results from them which I can happily post in the “normal” response time view when I’m back online properly along with an explanation if people are interested, but the 5ms figures are not reflective of the actual ”response times” as people widely understand them (they are all <1ms)

Permabanned
Lol. Nothing about the huge failures. Best Gaming Monitor with these negative aspects. This reviewer is also a joke. But who expected something else? I remember no reviewer who is mentioning every negative aspect about monitors. Only some user comments or many user comments with little information pieces all together are drawing the real picture about monitors.

@srekal34

Saying other users who are describing all relevant aspects of this monitor are trolls, because these opionions are interfering your self invented buying reasons, is very poor.
You poor ******* at lest show picture of monitorw with your's nick instead talking **** we dont even know if u got the monitor. Bet You dont without photo you arre pure trash.

@Nexus18 Thanks for photos Looks good to me. I'w got 7 year old IPS that does not have black colour lol

Last edited:
Associate
Why should i, do you will pay for the photo? I have put it back in the box a few days ago. No need to write on a piece of paper my nick name, make a photo, transfering the photo to my computer and upload it to the forum for proofing my purchase ;).

If you believing me or not its your personal choice. I shared my experiences with this monitor, i will not begging you for believing me.

Last edited:
Associate

What he’s saying is that games that run low frame rate in comparison to panel rate will have more flicker. Example, if you have the panel set to 175hz and the game is dipping sub 60fps, that game has a higher chance of showing flicker and gamma deviation than it running at 120hz.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why should i, do you will pay for the photo? I have put it back in the box a few days ago. No need to write a piece of paper, make a photo for proofing my purchase ;).
Ffs, who needs to pay for a photo nowadays?! Have you got a mobile phone? :) like all your other posts here, you’ve made this whole thing up and have never used the screen. It should be pretty obvious no one believes you

V F

V F

Soldato
2.4 is ideal for light controlled environments. It’s what’s used to grade content.

2.2 better for daytime

2.4 on OLED is really meant for no lights in the room. Practically what you'd experience in cinema. 2.4 Power Law is going to be extremely dark coming out of black even with any small light in the room. You'd likely never see a great deal of shadow detail with a lamp in the room using power law 2.4. Where BT.1886 will help, yet it's still a very powerful looking image with that gamma. 2.2 gamma is still used in broadcast/TV series and such as well as sports broadcasts.

I cannot see many here sitting in a pitch black room for that gamma. Even with the way OLED is, 2.2 gamma is still very rich on OLED versus LED.

Associate
"So fast":

https://youtu.be/pzNJ31qeT_I?t=294

"So clear with 5 ms btg transitions":

Can you read? It says it's only simulated, and the result is close to perfect relative to the refresh rate.

Ah cheers for the links, they do look great, especially the polar bear fur.

A friend of mine who has a C1 and a 240Hz monitor says that the C1 at 144 Hz, even running VRR feels more responsive than the 240Hz monitor being maxed. So a lot of it is likely coming down to that pixel responsiveness.

On the VRR side of things, the screen has said on it's menu ( Gsync : Gsync ) since i plugged it in, but i didn't even have VRR enabled in radeon settings. So it's been difficult for me to tell if it has even been working. I have enabled VRR in radeon settings now but i am finding it difficult to test.

OSD -> game -> game enhance mode -> frame rate

It shows the refresh rate, and with working VRR, it will be the same as the FPS you are getting in game.

Back
Top Bottom