World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Man of Honour
Btw there's a Windows Update driver for this monitor which I forgot to mention yesterday. It installed and applied the colour profile so if you do that then be sure to check back and remove the profile again. I believe the profile itself is geared towards default settings as well hence why that mode is more vibrant. Creator mode assumes a specific use case so the profile should not apply to those of us who are in that mode - At least the math adds up given the now consistent colours between apps and how it all looks vs another well calibrated AMOLED screen.

Associate
Btw i sold my AW3423DW with around 250 Euro (with cashback ~310 Euros) gain :D. Sadly nobody else want to pay 2900 Euros which i saw one time :D. Can't imagine how uninformed some people are. Paying this huge amount of money for a alpha tester monitor with annoying fan noise.

Who got the difference from to the "before 9 a.m. price" from Dell? On a german forum i saw one person who metioned discount from 1625 Euros to 1299 Euros (9 a.m. price) from dell. This would mean for me at least 576 Euro (+60 Euro cashback) total gain from selling this garbage.

Im still in contact with Dell to get the difference of 1299 Euro or 1000 Euro (my second order) payed out.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Btw i sold my AW3423DW with around 250 Euro gain :D. Sadly nobody else want to pay 2900 Euros which i saw one time :D. Can't imagine how uninformed some people are. Paying this huge amount of money for a alpha tester monitor with annoying fan noise.

Who got the difference from to the before 9 a.m. price from Dell? Im still in contact with Dell to get the difference of 1299 Euro or 1000 Euro (my second order) payed out.
I think people get the point now man. Not sure what you think you stand to gain by coming in here and repeatedly slating the monitor?

Associate
It's nearly as loud as PG32UQX fan noise. Extremly annoying:

https://vocaroo.com/18O3lb2BDfSW

There is also a 2nd gear up speed which is making much louder breathing noises, it has the same characteristic like a car idling with high rpm (5000 - 6000 rpm) :D. Not included in the audio file.

I would like to see the monitor internals. I had opened it, if it wouldn't got sold.

Maybe we can find the tear down manual here soon:

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/...ories/esuprt_electronics_accessories_monitor/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Now that quite a few of you have got this monitor, could any of you comment on the fan noise/volume please? Is it a non-issue in your opinions?

I can't hear mine at all unless I put my head directly at the back of the monitor.

Does seem to vary from person to person, be that the fan variance itself or ambient noise affecting what people hear (my pc is pretty quiet but not "silent")

Associate
If your system is loud, it's hard to differentiate it from the system fan noises, beside of the 2nd gear up speed, to "suppress" it you would need 3000 rpm Noctua Industrial fans :D. But who has such a loud system at idle?

My Intel Alderlake 12900K system is whisper quiet at idle. Around 500 - 600 rpm Noctua fans. Any louder fan noise from a monitor would be hearable.

Caporegime
If your system is loud, it's hard to differentiate it from the system fan noises. But who has such a loud system at idle?

As I said, my system is not "loud" but it is also not "silent".

My setup:

- be quiet shadow rock 3 fan is about 700rpm
- 3080 FE (zero fan mode when idle so fans aren't spinning at all)
- 2x140mm and 1x120mm artic P series fans at 700rpm

Even if the PC is off, it is very hard to hear it unless there is "zero" noise so no ambient/house/outside noises.

You going to post photos of your box to prove you have this yet?

Associate
Arctic fans have bad bearing noises, not comparable with Noctual fans with magnetic stabilized bearings.

The AW3423DW is for my enviroment noise pure horror. I couldn't use it without closed headphones with enabled sound.

I will not make photos of the box. We are not in the Kkndergarten. Me as a monitor enthusiastic, im very annoyed by not getting a suitable replacement for my edge led lcd monitor. I would be the last who is trolling about the only hope (for maybe years) for a better display experience below 42 inches wrgb oled.

Now i consider to buy the 42" C2 oled. I hope it's not making this annoying popping noises like my 48" c1 and the 48" cx before.

There is no other option until june-august.

The new qled G8 and G9 Neo B (2022 model with 5120 dimming zones) will likely have the same failures like G9 Neo A series. Most annoying are the high chance for having dust inside the panel and the flickering, popping/sizzling noises (G9 Neo B with same housing is in pool position for this), dse, scan lines and fald grid.

I wouldn't wonder if the brightness levels are very low and the dimming algorithm is crap. I compared the G9 Neo with LG Oled and Ipad Pro 2021 12.9" there is a massive difference in terms of hdr performance. The hdr is looking crappy, because of the bad dimming and colors. The detail loss through very aggressive dimming is immensely.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know any good applications for testing VRR flicker, some people have been saying that the DP cable that comes with the display is not up to the job. So could be the cause. I remember hearing about this on some other monitors a while ago.

I have been using my own DP cable with the screen since installing it and not noticed VRR flicker.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Arctic fans have bad bearing noises, not comparable with Noctual fans with magnetic stabilized bearings.

The AW3423DW is for my enviroment noise pure horror. I couldn't use it without closed headphones with enabled sound.

I will not make photos of the box. We are not in the Kkndergarten. Me as a monitor enthusiastic, im very annoyed by not getting a suitable replacement for my edge led lcd monitor. I would be the last who is trolling about the only hope (for maybe years) for a better display experience below 42 inches wrgb oled.

Now i consider to buy the 42" C2 oled. I hope it's not making this annoying popping noises like my 48" c1 and the 48" cx before.

There is no other option until june-august.

The new qled G8 and G9 Neo B (2022 model with 5120 dimming zones) will likely have the same failures like G9 Neo A series. Most annoying are the high chance for having dust inside the panel and the flickering, popping/sizzling noises (G9 Neo B with same housing is in pool position for this), dse, scan lines and fald grid.

I wouldn't wonder if the brightness levels are very low and the dimming algorithm is crap. I compared the G9 Neo with LG Oled and Ipad Pro 2021 12.9" there is a massive difference in terms of hdr performance. The hdr is looking crappy, because of the bad dimming and colors. The detail loss through very aggressive dimming is immensely.
G8 and G9 are not options for me. Rather have a fan on my monitor than buy another IPS monitor. OLED is where it’s at imo and the only other option for me is a C1 or C2.

Back
Top Bottom