World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Haha does seem so! I reckon if I had cancelled my first order, second would have been delivered by now. Certainly won't be rushing again :cry:

Sometime next week, not sure which day yet as my second is still showing 6th shipment date, I have a feeling it will be pushed back though.... Think as long as I initiate the return within 14 days, it doesn't matter when it arrives back. If my second order gets pushed further back, definitely complaining to get more discount :p

Just put 10 games to download to test with the Alienware once it arrives later today. Looking forward to testing them all out :D

Did another test on how far away my eyes are when using the monitor just now. Closest was around 40cm (seems I am sitting away further these days as I have sat even closer before :cry:) and when in a good posture sitting up properly it is 50cm. I plan to put the Alienware around 10 cm further back, so if sitting properly it would be 60cm which hopefully will be good enough.

You guys recommend any games worth trying on this monitor? Also certain programs and best practices were mentioned, but the thread moves so fast it is hard to know where abouts it is. If you or @mrk can do a bullet point round up, would be great :)

Out for delivery....
:D:D:D

Soldato
Mine either. But I figure it should be before April 7th so that is not a big wait, hence why I cancelled my first order.

8:04 order received email and 8:12 for confirmed :)

I agree, not worried about it. How much did you pay in the end?
You're an 8:12 confirmed and it's on the way I am 8:12 confirmed and it is not - surely the next batch for me!

Soldato
Mine was apparently shipped yesterday but it’s not out for delivery yet, despite being due. UPS tracking says the label has been created but not yet received.

Ah well, maybe tomorrow then.

Man of Honour
Hmm interesting to note that I have noticed far less dust attaching itself to this screen than any LCD I've had before. Is this because of the way OLED panels work and being anti static or something or is it maybe the AR coating used on this panel just results in dust not sticking to the front maybe?

Just put 10 games to download to test with the Alienware once it arrives later today. Looking forward to testing them all out :D

Did another test on how far away my eyes are when using the monitor just now. Closest was around 40cm (seems I am sitting away further these days as I have sat even closer before :cry:) and when in a good posture sitting up properly it is 50cm. I plan to put the Alienware around 10 cm further back, so if sitting properly it would be 60cm which hopefully will be good enough.

You guys recommend any games worth trying on this monitor? Also certain programs and best practices were mentioned, but the thread moves so fast it is hard to know where abouts it is. If you or @mrk can do a bullet point round up, would be great :)

I'll list a rundown of stuff I've found later today!

Caporegime

Doom eternal
Guardians of the galaxy
riftbreaker
cyberpunk
star wars battlefront 2
Dying light 2 (not hdr but still good for the contrast and true blacks)
ghostwire Tokyo (good for hdr)
god of war

Films wise:

kong vs godzilla
aquaman

Those are probably the best showcases so far.

Pretty much anything though tbh :p Software, only thing I would recommend and use is flawless widescreen.

Hmm interesting to note that I have noticed far less dust attaching itself to this screen than any LCD I've had before. Is this because of the way OLED panels work and being anti static or something or is it maybe the AR coating used on this panel just results in dust not sticking to the front maybe?

I was just thinking that too! :D

Man of Honour
Don't forget Cyberpunk 2077. Nighttime inside in or out of the city, anywhere there are nice light sources is pretty sweet with HDR. Be sure to have it on Peak 1000 to make optimum use of those nits around light sources too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Anyone still on W10 with this monitor? Any issue using HDR on W10 with it? I'd like to avoid an upgrade to W11 is possible.
I am still on W10 for my main rig which this monitor will be connected to. Will see what’s what, I will probably upgrade to W11 soon though. I was not in a rush as I have W11 on my gaming laptop which feels less responsive since I upgraded. Could be because I did not do a clean install on that though and did upgrade, just could not be asked to do a clean install as more than one account on that.

I'll list a rundown of stuff I've found later today!

Doom eternal
Guardians of the galaxy
riftbreaker
cyberpunk
star wars battlefront 2
Dying light 2 (not hdr but still good for the contrast and true blacks)
ghostwire Tokyo (good for hdr)
god of war

Films wise:

kong vs godzilla
aquaman

Those are probably the best showcases so far.

Pretty much anything though tbh :p Software, only thing I would recommend and use is flawless widescreen.
From that list I have Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2 which have just been installed now.

God of War I played on my OLED a couple of years ago when I had a PS4 Pro. I intend o buy it on steam once it is around a tenner. Same for HZD, which would probably look awesome on this monitor also.

Will test out some movies at some point, though games are my first priority naturally as movies I will still watch on my LG OLED in the living room.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, God of War, Alien Isolation?
Will wait for Guardians of the Galaxy to drop to about a tenner also. Shadow of the Tomb Raider Might just grab now as it is about a tenner for the definitive edition. Alien Isolation, as much as I enjoyed it, not sure I fancy playing again, but might change my mind once I run out of things to play.

Don't forget Cyberpunk 2077. Nighttime inside in or out of the city, anywhere there are nice light sources is pretty sweet with HDR. Be sure to have it on Peak 1000 to make optimum use of those nits around light sources too.
Will be the first game I try probably to be honest. Do you leave the monitor on peak 1000 at all times, or just when gaming?

I plan on leaving it on 10 bit 144hz for now also, will use it like that for a while and then once used to that then change over after a month or so to test out 8bit 175hz.

Associate
FFS UPS have sent mine to the wrong warehouse at the opposite end of the country and my ETA has changed from today to we will let you know Ahh

Absolutely useless how was this company even in business

Soldato
Will wait for Guardians of the Galaxy to drop to about a tenner also. Shadow of the Tomb Raider Might just grab now as it is about a tenner for the definitive edition. Alien Isolation, as much as I enjoyed it, not sure I fancy playing again, but might change my mind once I run out of things to play.

Think GotG is on Gamepass atm, did you not grab SOTTR for free on Epic at Christmas? :p

Soldato

Well that sucks - seems like Dell still haven't figured out the concept of sending them out in the correct order :(

If people with an estimate of 3rd April are getting theirs sent out already then hopefully we get some movement before the end of the week (or the current batch are the ones which were already enroute and ours are still in pieces in the factory :()

Man of Honour
Will be the first game I try probably to be honest. Do you leave the monitor on peak 1000 at all times, or just when gaming?

I plan on leaving it on 10 bit 144hz for now also, will use it like that for a while and then once used to that then change over after a month or so to test out 8bit 175hz.

You can just leave it in Peak 1000 mode at all times. I only switch to HDR when playing Cyberpunk etc now. IN Windows it's always in SDR mode. When playing HDR movies, it auto switches to HDR in Windows anyway and then goes back to HDR when the movie finishes so all good on that front.

So Mode in OSD is Creator, colour space is sRGB, gamma is 2.4. Brightness put to whatever you find comfy, and contrast is set to 66 for me as I find that the best balance to retain highlight detail in SDR mode.

In HDR mode the brightness control is locked out as HDR manages luminance.

Soldato
So Mode in OSD is Creator, colour space is sRGB, gamma is 2.4. Brightness put to whatever you find comfy, and contrast is set to 66 for me as I find that the best balance to retain highlight detail in SDR mode.

How does running Creator - sRGB - 2.4 compare to the Default preset?

Associate
FFS UPS have sent mine to the wrong warehouse at the opposite end of the country and my ETA has changed from today to we will let you know Ahh

Absolutely useless how was this company even in business
UPS is a f$$king joke just got off the phone to them they confirmed that they sent my monitor to the wrong warehouse and cannot give me any ETA on when they're gonna be able to deliver it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom