World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Ah whhops I was including the £100 cashback from the credit card offers in that too. So £847 seems to be the norm for many after codes are applied.

Shame about the CS yeah, that does need work.

Yeah, £847 is the "going rate" with the 23% student/advantage discount that was current at the time.

6th April shipping, 22nd delivery here as well, order received 08:07, confirmed 08:11

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You guys may recall I asked Dell on best practice and some clarification on how Panel Refresh works on QD-OLED right, well someone from their "technical team" responded to my ticket earlier :rolleyes:

Hi ,

Good Day!

Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support. Pretty much different refresh work Experience ultra-low latency gameplay, support for HDR and cinematic color, plus smooth, tear-free gaming thanks to NVIDIA® G-SYNC® ULTIMATE certification. Additionally, with the industry’s fastest 0.1 ms GtG (Gray to Gray) response time and up 175 Hz (native) high refresh rate, you’ll experience smoother gameplay and view fast-moving graphics with incredible clarity for a faster in-game reaction time.

Kind Regards,

I have no words.

Soldato
You guys may recall I asked Dell on best practice and some clarification on how Panel Refresh works on QD-OLED right, well someone from their "technical team" responded to my ticket earlier :rolleyes:

I have no words.

Hello. I am bot. Keyword "refresh" found. Sending knowledgebase article for ""refresh rate".

Soldato

I have no words.

I would assume Pixel refresh is similar to what happens with LG OLED's. Checking each sub pixel then making small corrections.

The way i surmise that it works is by reverse biasing the sub pixels and checking at what voltage a specific reverse current occurs. Shifts in the reverse bias voltage/current should relate to degradation in each pixel element and/or the drive circuitry. it can then compensate by referencing against a known voltage.

V-I-Characteristics-of-P-N-junction-Diode.png

Associate
What’s the difference between the panel refresh and pixel refresh options?

The panel refresh is just the more thorough image retention tool that runs automatically after 2000 hours and takes an hour.

The pixel refresh runs every 4 hours and takes 5 minutes.

Applying the same logic to Oled tv's some people swear that running the panel refresh often can cause damage, deteriorate the panel but I run mine daily and have done for year and no ill effects here.

Either way the two functions run automatically with no intervention from anyone. The timers run in the background and are cumulative, so if you use the monitor for two hours, switch off then run it for 3 hours and switch off, the pixel refresh would run.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I have no words.
Hahahaha!

Jesus. How do these people even get the job?

Applying the same logic to Oled tv's some people swear that running the panel refresh often can cause damage, deteriorate the panel but I run mine daily and have done for year and no ill effects here.

What… Lol.

In two and a half years I only run mine once on my OLED TV and that was because I was having an issue with it which turned out to be a dodgy power supply which got changed over. That was well over a year ago.

I am due one, so might run one soon.

Associate
What… Lol.

In two and a half years I only run mine once on my OLED TV and that was because I was having an issue with it which turned out to be a dodgy power supply which got changed over. That was well over a year ago.

I am due one, so might run one soon.

I'm just paranoid as I use it predominantly for pc usage. As I said I've had no ill effects and I've owned the tv a couple of years now.

I'd end up running it all the time with this monitor too lol

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
2000 hours
1500 hours!

5 minutes.
7 minutes!

Unless your figures are referring to OLED by LG. In which case there is some differences involved as Samsung/Dell's number coincide exactly with how long it actually takes on QD-OLED.

It's worth mentioning that Sony/LG state to only run Panel Refresh once a year maximum. This formed part of the basis as to why I asked Dell the question, to explain how QD-OLED Panel Refresh differs to normal OLED, if at all, and if it is different then does that explain why the user manual makes no mention of using Panel Refresh with caution like Sony/LG do.

Associate
1500 hours!

7 minutes!

Unless your figures are referring to OLED by LG. In which case there is some differences involved as Samsung/Dell's number coincide exactly with how long it actually takes on QD-OLED.

It's worth mentioning that Sony/LG state to only run Panel Refresh once a year maximum. This formed part of the basis as to why I asked Dell the question, to explain how QD-OLED Panel Refresh differs to normal OLED, if at all, and if it is different then does that explain why the user manual makes no mention of using Panel Refresh with caution like Sony/LG do.

I actually googled (ironically) to get the exact figures on the monitor but looking back it looks like the page was for the alienware monitor but 55" (so essentially a tv using LG's oled panel and not Samsung's qd-oled), so apologies for the mis-information, although the principals are the same.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got Windows 11 installed. What's the steps one has to take to get HDR working optimally?

Do you basically turn on HDR, have auto hdr ticked and adjust sdr brightness? What do you guys have your SDR brightness set on the slider?

Back
Top Bottom