World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Caporegime
I rang earlier and looks like I've got a 50/50 chance of it being tomorrow (if it enters the warehouse overnight, coming by DHL) or it'll be next week. Either way I win because it's waaaaaaaaay earlier than expected!! :D

Associate
Monitors just arrived via DHL :D
Box is in ok condition. Bit of dent/crack on the top of box and some scuffs but as long as the monitor is ok I’m fine.

Got a little annoyed by the delivery driver plonking it down on the ground grr but anyway.

good luck to anyone who is waiting.

Associate
Dell now not hounoring the discount they promised. Was promised 10, percent discount due to monitor being delayed twice! Now say they can't do that ...shower of sh*£# from start to finish with this bunch of amatuers.last time I buy anything dell

Associate
Tell us your manufacturing date. Should be in menu I think

You’re assuming I’ve already plugged the monitor in and you would be right!

Tho I can’t find the manufacturing date in a sub menu.

However, on the back of the monitor - it says manufacturing date: Feb 2022

Last edited:
Associate
Dell now not hounoring the discount they promised. Was promised 10, percent discount due to monitor being delayed twice! Now say they can't do that ...shower of sh*£# from start to finish with this bunch of amatuers.last time I buy anything dell

what the heck? I’ve got to try this once I’ve checked the monitor out. Hope they don’t start pulling that stunt

Associate
I've had that happen with companies in the past. Took me like 4-5 months to claw back compensation I was promised from Lenovo. I got promised it over the phone and told to send evidence details to their email, which I did and then had to go through about 4-5 different people not reading what I said and saying I wasn't eligible for anything because it was delivered in the time frame (which wasn't what the compensation was about, it was about the delivery company messing me about). Eventually I got through someone who escalated the compensation but kept having to nudge for updates for the next few months till eventually I got the partial refund.

Hope they aren't as bad as that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They already refunded my 7% so total paid is £787. Just waiting on them to pay the 8% cashback now which has tracked. That will be a bonus if they do though :)

Here are some comments from the first page saying it will be 2K or 3K:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was getting on towards £3k sadly, I can certainly hope for a decent price but I doubt we’ll see it.

Price premium for first of its kind, nothing is cheap the first time

£2K won't be enough.
Remember the price of Asus PG32UQX with mediocre response times LCD panel and its blooming backlight...

Basically I got it at a bargain price and it comes with proper warranty :D

No one else offers next day replacement and burn in cover. Had I gone the LG route I would have had to pay extra for burn in cover and believe me, those guys take no less than a week to sort things out.

Associate
Monitors just arrived via DHL :D
Box is in ok condition. Bit of dent/crack on the top of box and some scuffs but as long as the monitor is ok I’m fine.

Got a little annoyed by the delivery driver plonking it down on the ground grr but anyway.

good luck to anyone who is waiting.
Maybe a random question but apparently you can actually track syncreons DHL deliveries by using 39999<dellordernumber> in the DHL parcels website tracking page. Did that work on your order?

Soldato

Assuming you have emails or so confirming they promised it then maybe time to speak to your credit card company?

Associate
Just to add......the promised refund of 10%was promised through customer chat and not through emails I have no paper trail of promised refund for 2 late shipping dates, they have told me they applied for the refund but there financial depth turned it down as I got the monitor for £847.00 , never had such a stressful time purchasing a product in my 25 years of buying computer hardware

Back
Top Bottom