World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Maybe a random question but apparently you can actually track syncreons DHL deliveries by using 39999<dellordernumber> in the DHL parcels website tracking page. Did that work on your order?

Tried this a few days ago but the number can only be 10 digits long so with the 39999 in front it's too long. :D

Associate
Aaaaaaaaah crap. I have a stuck pixel on mine right on the top centre of the screen. Only shows on blue, green and white backgrounds.

Gonna try a pixel refresh.

Associate
Just to add......the promised refund of 10%was promised through customer chat and not through emails I have no paper trail of promised refund for 2 late shipping dates, they have told me they applied for the refund but there financial depth turned it down as I got the monitor for £847.00 , never had such a stressful time purchasing a product in my 25 years of buying computer hardware
Has the chat been logged as a service request? I was sent an email with the service request number which states that they would give a goodwill refund on delivery once I get back to them. This is also recorded in my support logs on my Dell account.

Associate
Just noticed there is a mark at the bottom of my screen that looks like a scratch but is probably a defect in the film of the monitor. Going to try my luck later with an exchange but I’m extremely disappointed with the quality of this monitor so far. Fingers crossed when I get a replacement which is probably August now that the monitor is up to par.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I hear 5/6 weeks isn't uncommon, and then that's a repair to the unit and not a replacement.
With me LG sent out two guys that swapped out the PSU that solved the problem I had on my OLED a year or so ago. They had me taking pictures, videos and running panel refresh and reseting it to manufacturer settings first and it took at least a week before they sent out the guys to fix it.

Soldato
Just to add......the promised refund of 10%was promised through customer chat and not through emails I have no paper trail of promised refund for 2 late shipping dates, they have told me they applied for the refund but there financial depth turned it down as I got the monitor for £847.00 , never had such a stressful time purchasing a product in my 25 years of buying computer hardware

You're in the same boat as almost everyone else who ordered it the morning of the 22nd. You got it for considerably less than I paid and I'm still waiting until 6th of May if the website is to be believed.

It would seem the stress was brought on by yourself with a barrage of messages to Dell CS and you must have a very relaxed, happy life if you consider it a stressful situation.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
@mrk is the fringing issue improved in W11 over W10? I"m still on 10 and using bettercleartype made it worse

There isn't really an issue really. Yes there is some due to the sub pixel layout, but you can easily reduce this to the point it's not noticed even up close.

1: Clear Type adjustment in Windows
2: Better Clear Type Tuner on github which modifies advanced values like the sub pixel config within the registry (recommended). I use a value of 2200 in the tool, and set the layout to RGB.

Soldato
You're in the same boat as almost everyone else who ordered it the morning of the 22nd. You got it for considerably less than I paid and I'm still waiting until 6th of May if the website is to be believed.

It would seem the stress was brought on by yourself with a barrage of messages to Dell CS and you must have a very relaxed, happy life if you consider it a stressful situation.

You sound very bitter.

There are plenty of us who ordered 5-10 minutes after it went live who haven't received it yet (despite being promised 2 day delivery) even though it seems that some people who have ordered quite a bit later have had their monitor for a couple of weeks already.

Its irrelevant whether we got it for less than you, the point is that Dell promised discounts/refunds on account of the multiple delays, so we're perfectly entitled to expect those promises to be honoured, but it seems like we're being let down yet again.

Obviously in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, but at the same time its not something we should have to chase in the first place - is it really too much to ask for people to be able to so their jobs properly? (actually don't answer that, my experiences the last few years have taught me that - these days - yes, it is).

As for "a barrage" of messages, personally it was 2, firstly to ask them to honour the additional 5% off code which was floating around at the time of ordering, and secondly to find out what was happening about the 2nd delay to my order.

You must have a very relaxed, happy life if you consider 2 to be "a barrage" :cry:

I have actually just messaged them again however to find out if they have a delivery date for me, since it apparently shipped yesterday and was collected by Syncreon at 10:13am but Syncreon tracking shows they havent received it yet. Would be handy to know when its coming so i can make sure i'm actually home for the delivery!

I guess that 3rd message makes it a... Volley? Salvo? Not sure what the next stage up from a "barrage" would be really :confused:

Edit: possibly a fusillade, but happy for any military experts to correct me

Last edited:
Associate
Aaaaaaaaah crap. I have a stuck pixel on mine right on the top centre of the screen. Only shows on blue, green and white backgrounds.

Gonna try a pixel refresh.

It would be stuck, if it showed on a black screen. Dunno if OLED can even be stuck, since it's the crystals in an LCD that get stuck, and therefore leaving the light of the backlight through.

Associate
Not gotten any delay email, but tracking hasn't updated at all, so dunno how hopeful I am.

I did phone up and they confirmed tomorrow though, so we'll see.

Associate
Would be more a dead pixel than stuck tbh suFor some this appears to be as bad as trying to buy an nVidia RTX 30 series at RRP it seems :p
I think its still better than RTX fiasco ;) at least for me, got a monitor on release day :D
I wonder how it will look for rtx 4xxx in few months...

Associate

Wind you neck in!

I purchased monitor on the morning of 22nd at 8:02 am
The 10 percent discount good will gesture was promised to me as I never received the monitor when promised......twice !!!

I was promised it so I should be entitled to it !! Is it my fault you payed full price and you couldn't be bothered to find a discount code ...u seem very bitter and jealous man.

I better stop now before I get more stressed out

Back
Top Bottom