World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Came for the monitor chat, stayed for the beef
fight-smile.gif

url

Associate
@mrk that's what i did in the end, use windows cleartype and then rgb + max contrast in better clear type. The missing ingredient was a reboot. After that, I'm all good.

The fan is annoying and certainly audible. The biggest difference so far was how smooth and blur free gaming is. I'm surprised that wasn't talked about more in reviews.

Associate
This is the most peculiar tracking I've ever encountered. Nothing on the Syncreon link through my Dell account.
Overall they don't seem to do much in the way of tracking, which is kind of annoying when you're paying so much money for the product.

Man of Honour
Anyone wish there was a degauss button like on CRTs? Obviously serves no function but is aesthetically cool? Maybe in future gens degauss could work to "reset" image retention or something :p

@Robert896r1 Yep the fan is audible, especially when it changes speeds so the pitch of the resonance also changes.

I will definitely be upgrading to a 38" model in future or a 34" one if LG/Samsung release one without a fan inside. I'm hoping LG do an Ultragear version as that should have a internal LUT for calibrating directly on the monitor and avoid the mess that is profiling via the graphics card and then having to make extra steps like srgb_novideo tool when you have an nVidia card and the like.

I will definitely miss the simplicity of an internal LUT, just plug in the colorimeter, launch LG Calibration Studio, hit calibrate and it does everything directly on the monitor.

Associate
So W10 vs W11. The two main things missing are not having to toggle hdr on/off manually. In W10 with gamebar you can toggle it on but not off!

And fake hdr applied to games like on xbox. I'll hold on 10 for now.

Caporegime
Shall be interesting to see how my second one is for fan noise as I found the first one virtually silent, literally could only hear it with my head right at the back.

If the second one is as bad as what it is from the sounds of others, I shall be requesting a replacement! :)

Associate
Yeah think it is a dead pixel - will contact Dell but don't want to end up waiting months for a replacement. Fan is audible on mine as well. I did think at one point, is someone dragging a dead body across my drive as it was making a odd whooshing noise. Anyway, gonna test what it can do first.

BisqgqS.png
7UoKSdU

7UoKSdU

7UoKSdU

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe a random question but apparently you can actually track syncreons DHL deliveries by using 39999<dellordernumber> in the DHL parcels website tracking page. Did that work on your order?
This works for me now just tried it. DHL collected at around 8pm. Will be delivered tomorrow.

Soldato
Maybe a random question but apparently you can actually track syncreons DHL deliveries by using 39999<dellordernumber> in the DHL parcels website tracking page. Did that work on your order?

No parcel found, but the lady i spoke to at Dell customer services said it was definitely coming tomorrow. Shan't hold my breath, what a farce :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
I think the fan noise would irritate me water-cooled for silence originally, have an acer predator 34 UW that I would be upgrading from with a 55 CX as a secondary on the pc might wait for a second revision before bagging one of these beauts after using the LG CX on the pc and the living room LG C1 with the ps5 and xbox wouldn't upgrade to anything other than an OLED.

Soldato
I think the fan noise would irritate me water-cooled for silence originally, have an acer predator 34 UW that I would be upgrading from with a 55 CX as a secondary on the pc might wait for a second revision before bagging one of these beauts after using the LG CX on the pc and the living room LG C1 with the ps5 and xbox wouldn't upgrade to anything other than an OLED.
Add the monitor to the loop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:p

Back
Top Bottom