World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Nice. Mines not even out for delivery. It said it was loaded on the van and now a new tracking message is saying it arrived at the delivery depot... Again... Assuming/hoping it's just an erroneous tracking message that came through.

Can't really catch a break with this tracking it feels like.
I've just downloaded the DHL app and used the 39999[Dell order #] trick and it gives more detailed tracking information.
I've not been sent any information from DHL directly.
Worth a go?

Associate
Nice. Mines not even out for delivery. It said it was loaded on the van and now a new tracking message is saying it arrived at the delivery depot... Again... Assuming/hoping it's just an erroneous tracking message that came through.
Can't really catch a break with this tracking it feels like.

With DHL you don't always get the delivery snake and it can be delivered even though it doesn't say out for delivery.

Associate
With DHL you don't always get the delivery snake and it can be delivered even though it doesn't say out for delivery.
Yeah I'm hoping that's the case. Just annoying either way since you've gotta watch out for it in case it comes but don't have any information like how many deliveries away it is etc.

Worst comes to worst I'll have to phone up and see if I can collect on Saturday or something.

Associate
Ello guys,

Just an update on mine with a dead pixel.

I’ve contacted Dell:

As long as Dell do what they say they are willing to do I’m happy.

subject to approval:

In short, Dell are allowing me to keep ahold of my current monitor until a new replacement arrives.

approval will be sometime next week.

Then Dell will collect my old monitor two or three days after my new replacement arrives.

That’s pretty good in my book.

Also a tip on checking for pixel issues. (Maybe it’s been mentioned already)

Switch off the monitor. Disconnect all cables apart from the power. Push the joystick to the left for 5 seconds. The monitor should display a grey background. Check for pixel issues. Press the joystick left again to change colour again.

hope it helps someone.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ello guys,

Just an update on mine with a dead pixel.

I’ve contacted Dell:

As long as Dell do what they say they are willing to do I’m happy.

subject to approval:

In short, Dell are allowing me to keep ahold of my current monitor until a new replacement arrives.

approval will be sometime next week.

Then Dell will collect me two or three days after my new replacement arrives for collection of the old monitor.

That’s pretty good in my book.

Also a tip on checking for pixel issue. (Maybe it’s mentioned already)

Switch off the monitor. Disconnect all cables apart from the power. Push the joystick to the left for 5 seconds. The monitor should display a grey background. Check for pixel issues. Press the joystick left again to change colour again.

hope it helps someone.
Can you just not use something like this?

Associate
Yeah I just changed my background and used a YouTube video where it flicked between the colours. However, Dell make you do the test if there are issues anyway so just mentioning it. :D

Soldato
Also a tip on checking for pixel issues. (Maybe it’s been mentioned already)

hope it helps someone.

Thanks, that's a big help for me actually - I started redecorating the office when I thought the monitor wouldn't be here until May, so my PC is disconnected under a drop cloth currently. :o At least I can use this to check for pixel issues now.

Associate
All setup, no issues with any pixels using Eizo.
Just turned on Cyberpunk with the ReShade plug-in as suggested by mrk, looks great.
Box was also in decent condition.

Let's see about that 5% goodwill refund they promised...

Soldato
Mine just arrived. Box was in perfect condition, but both the pieces of security tape had been cut which was a worry. Everything seems to be there on first inspection though. I'll fire it up after lunch and check for pixel problems.

Back
Top Bottom