World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
script>
xhVBD3Y
Maybe i am just use to LCD displays.
xhVBD3Y

Soldato
And based on my latest conversation with them, anything you've been told about discounts/refunds because of the delays is basically a lie to shut you up.

Apparently: "We have not honored any discounts for delays as it is rejected by finance department."

Yer the copy and paste BS is insulting, I wonder if a @ Alienware on Twitter will get some proper info

Soldato
Yer the copy and paste BS is insulting, I wonder if a @ Alienware on Twitter will get some proper info

I've emailed them now since other posters have reported getting better results through that channel, if still no luck then Twitter is the next step :p

Also raised the dead pixel with them - was going to leave it since it's not really noticeable in normal use and I could accept it given the discounts (although not ideal), but if they're going to play silly buggers then why not...

Associate
Feels like its just pot luck with CS on who you speak to. Some will be nice/honour what's said etc, and other's just won't bother.

Associate
Just like God of War, the responsiveness on screen movement and mouse input just feels instant now, and the motion smoothness is just supreme. god knows how anyone can go back to LCD gaming after this lol.
What you are describing here has more to do with going from 60hz to 144/175hz and not from LCD to OLED.

Man of Honour
I realised that smooth motion is a by-product of OLED vs LCD though too, it's a factor of both going from 60Hz to 144 and from LCD to OELD because OLED motion smoothness and response is leagues ahead of any LCD monitor on the market today.

60fps on this OLED visually feels like 100fps on an LCD essentially, as others have mentioned in the thread too from their experience of this QD-OLED.

Man of Honour
Yup! I've got the 34" 165Hz Huawei Mateview GT and this at 144Hz feels way better than 165Hz on that VA panel. It would basically be unfair to put a QD-OLED like this in a review against anything other than another QD-OLED for this sort of comparison.

Soldato
So Dell have got back to me RE: replacement for my faulty QD-OLED. They'll pick it up in early June and they will replace it at the end of August rofl. They can **** off if they think I am going to stand for that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So Dell have got back to me RE: replacement for my faulty QD-OLED. They'll pick it up in early June and they will replace it at the end of August rofl. They can **** off if they think I am going to stand for that.
Lol. I don’t get it. Why are some getting next day replacements and others have to wait. No consistency. I would push for a next day replacement or at the very least one where you keep the monitor until the replacement arrives.

Soldato
Lol. I don’t get it. Why are some getting next day replacements and others have to wait. No consistency. I would push for a next day replacement or at the very least one where you keep the monitor until the replacement arrives.
No point me keeping the monitor I cannot get past the select language menu as the OSD joystick does not work. Cannot use it at all. I want it gone next day and replacement arrive next batch.

Soldato
Ah I see. Yea in that case that or a refund.
Yeah and despite how much it might sting to give it up and get a refund and kill the dream of all my screens in the house being OLED (Panasonic 65JZ1500, LG 55G1, OLED Alienware m15 laptop my other screens) the reality of it is I have a 384 zone full array local dimming HDR1000 27 inch as my monitor right now. The step up to OLED isn't that large, not like most who are stepping up from a previously LED edge lit monitor.

Associate

I got told the exact same thing today.

After being told last week by Dell CS that i would get a new monitor first and then the old one would get picked up.

I've emailed them.

Soldato
is that with the standard warranty they give you? they tried hard to fob me off with the premium one that costs £109 pretty hard saying stuff like i woulnd be waiting on replacements etc but i refused

Back
Top Bottom