World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
Guy on Reddit replaced them with noctuas so it is possible

I saw that. Definitely a brave guy.

It does make me wonder when there's a lot of comments suggesting people would never even have known it had a fan without being told. Maybe mine is louder than average. It doesn't sound like a defective fan though.

Last night the second breathing fan was ramping up twice back to back every 10-15 seconds and all I'm doing is sat on the desktop. Standard profile, default brightness, HDR off.

It seems random.

Associate
I cleaned a small area of the screen with an apple polishing cloth and it got micro scratches on the screen afterwards.

They aren't visible when using the monitor but annoying that the coating is so fragile on it.

Associate
I use this two sided MF cloth for cleaning the panel, the yellow side is for glass etc and has yet to micro scratch the surface:

I'm going to stick to one of those types in future, the Apple cloth definitely caused the scratches. The coating is not durable at all.

Fortunately mine has a stuck pixel so I'm going to do a warranty replacement on it at some point anyway.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I got a set of 5 of these from amazon btw!
Tend to give the screen a once over every day as it's a habit from the matte coated IPS where dust would settle overnight so just continuing that routine really.

Associate
I cleaned a small area of the screen with an apple polishing cloth and it got micro scratches on the screen afterwards.

They aren't visible when using the monitor but annoying that the coating is so fragile on it.
Yeah I had that happen when I tried to rub something off that wasn't going to come off without a bit of water. Been a lot more careful since.

That said with how fragile it is I've kinda just expected micro scratches really, seems so easy to do that it feels inevitable.

V F

V F

Soldato
I use this two sided MF cloth for cleaning the panel, the yellow side is for glass etc and has yet to micro scratch the surface:

2sEdWSH.jpg
Some glass panels are a nightmare to clean but with the right cloth, it's easy. Most cloths all it had done was shift the fibers about the screen but never lift them. The good ones lift it completely and any subtle marks. Including water marks.

Soldato
So, just in case anyone else is wondering about extending their warranty, I've been enquiring with Dell, and it's not great news unfortunately:

1year Advance Exchange for £74.54
2year Advance Exchange for £148.88

Please be informed the Burn in Protection is part of Accidental Damage Cover which is available only at the time of purchasing the new machine hence it is not included in the new warranty.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Would you happen to know the name of that cloth? I could use a decent one.
It was this:

But looks like that's not sold any more! you can get the exatt same ones from The Range though if you have a store nearby.

Soldato
OP
Rtings review

"Sadly, it uses an extremely uncommon pixel layout that results in noticeable color fringing and blurry text, so it's not well-suited for productivity use as a PC monitor. It's also best suited for completely dark rooms, as it has raised blacks in a room with any ambient lighting, and the screen has a pink tint to it"

Back
Top Bottom