World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Rtings review

"Sadly, it uses an extremely uncommon pixel layout that results in noticeable color fringing and blurry text, so it's not well-suited for productivity use as a PC monitor. It's also best suited for completely dark rooms, as it has raised blacks in a room with any ambient lighting, and the screen has a pink tint to it"

Yeah but you rate Vincent highly no? You love quoting him a lot. Do you know what he says?

The Best PC Gaming Monitor. PERIOD.​

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh and no pink tint here. First I have ever heard of it too.

Man of Honour
I use mine for professional photo production.... See no difference in quality performance in this areas vs my outgoing monitor - Both very good for colour ad picture quality. The QD-OLED being on another level for contrast and clarity obviously.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I use mine for professional photo production.... See no difference in quality performance in this areas vs my outgoing monitor - Both very good for colour ad picture quality. The QD-OLED being on another level for contrast and clarity obviously.
Turns out the noob is quoting the Samsung S95B OLED review again. I just copy pasted the quote and the Samsung TV review popped up. Lol.

He cannot even differentiate between the Alienware monitor and the Samsung tv :cry:

He is just so butthurt :D

Soldato
I thought Dell only do replacements for stuck pixels not dead ones?

Got a red stuck pixel myself near the middle, so annoying I can't un see it.

I had 2 issues one was dead pixel other was faint vertical lines that I can see in some colours in content, not sure if new one will exhibit second issue or not the same, but dead pixel was enough for me to want to try and replace it.

I mentioned the issues in the ticket and they accepted the RMA :)

Soldato
It was this:

But looks like that's not sold any more! you can get the exatt same ones from The Range though if you have a store nearby.

Do these look the same?

Interested in getting some myself.

Soldato
I thought Dell only do replacements for stuck pixels not dead ones?

Got a red stuck pixel myself near the middle, so annoying I can't un see it.

They accepted my RMA for a single dead red pixel as well. (Wonder why it's always the red ones, anyone got a different colour?)

However, hearing people complain about the fan noise, I'm tempted to cancel it, I've never heard the fan on mine, and other than the dead pixel it's flawless

To be honest the pixel is only really noticeable when you're looking for it on a pure red screen, it's not visible at all in normal use

Soldato
OP
They accepted my RMA for a single dead red pixel as well. (Wonder why it's always the red ones, anyone got a different colour?)

However, hearing people complain about the fan noise, I'm tempted to cancel it, I've never heard the fan on mine, and other than the dead pixel it's flawless

To be honest the pixel is only really noticeable when you're looking for it on a pure red screen, it's not visible at all in normal use

I wouldn't worry if you are happy about fan noise then don't worry about it. Everyone has a different environment, some rooms are noisier than others so they maybe don't hear the fan anyway, some people have super quiet rooms where the noise is more obvious there are so many factors and even peoples hearing comes into play - as we age our hearing becomes worse and we notice fewer high frequency sounds

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I wouldn't worry if you are happy about fan noise then don't worry about it. Everyone has a different environment, some rooms are noisier than others so they maybe don't hear the fan anyway, some people have super quiet rooms where the noise is more obvious there are so many factors and even peoples hearing comes into play - as we age our hearing becomes worse and we notice fewer high frequency sounds
Thumbs up pal. Been a while since you posted something that somewhat makes sense :p :cry:

Associate
Oh I didn't he was on here. @PCM2 only question from the video, why are you using P3 for SDR? I run sdr/sRGB for normal, use win+alt+b for hdr and that switches to HDR1000 and auto flips the colorspace to P3. win+alt+b when done and it auto flips to sdr + sRGB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom