1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Classic

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by agnes, 3 Nov 2017.

1. kindai

Sgarrista

Just got our first gressil this week, went to me luckily :D

2. Cromulent

Mobster

I think I'll give it a go now. I've been playing retail but classic was when I really played World of Warcraft properly and it would be cool to go back to it again. I just don't know which server to pick. I want one with a large population so you always have people doing things. I always found the RP-PvP servers the most fun.

3. Puppetmaster

Soldato

Seen a few people getting tbc beta access, anyone got it or is it a streamer only thing currently?

4. Jokester

Don

Someone in my guild got one today.

5. wozzizname

Wise Guy

I might be tempted to try TBC - I used to raid with the OcUK guild back in the day, they were good times !

6. adam cool dude

Capodecina

You always remember those rose tints then look back and realise. I think I waited 20 odd Chromaggus kills to get Ashjre'thul and then got Larvae of the great worm on my first kill which I ended up using till TBC as I was a dwarf anyway with +5 skill.

7. Sasahara

Mobster

Well 13 kills now, still none. :p

And we have stopped full guild raids now. We might organise some gold runs after we transfer to a new server, as we won't be recurting new players before TBC as we already have too many for that. :D

I wasn't too bad for Ashjre'thul I think out first dropped 6-7 kills and we've had at least 5 drop, though 1 hunter has 2 of them and one hunter missed out. He got his Larvae a month or so ago instead. :/
    15 years ago was pretty similar with drops roughly 1 every 6-7 kills. I didn't kill KT back then as the guild got TBC beat keys so most of use were on that. :D

8. JeditOjanen

Soldato

I've been playing since TBC on and off and I completed the Lawbringer set this week.

9. 8myers8

Gangster

Got my beta access , , i still have the old BC collector's edition unopen , forgot i had it lol been playing wow from the very 1st beta lol :)

10. Jokester

Don

We’ve been doing MC every week pretty much since release and never had a pair of bindings drop. Think we’ve had 5 off Garr though :o

11. adam cool dude

Capodecina

I am not sure if it was ever discovered but there had to be some sort of algorithm. There was a horde guild on our server who must of had at least 4 windfury's in the guild.

12. Squink

Soldato

I remember this same argument on the forums from way back in Vanilla. People were touting all sorts of methods about resetting the raid seed by swapping raid leaders and all sorts. A blue poster pretty much said that chance is chance and if you don't get the drops, it's because of RNG.

13. Droolinggimp

Mobster

Is there a Classic guild on here at all. I fancy subbing and relive the old days when TBC comes out. Obviously I need to level a character up though.

14. Puppetmaster

Soldato

There was one originally but I think it all got fragmented early on.

15. Chaos

Soldato

Chromiecraft looks like a pretty chill slow moving classic like experience.

Last edited: 3 Apr 2021
  16. DampCat

Capodecina

But also it's absolutely confirmed that ragnaros would target people based off their raid ID and account age.

It's easy to say RNG but how those numbers are generated is important. It's not "random" because they must use a seed. We just don't know what it is and it *might* have an effect, such as with the ragnaros thing.

Granted, someone would have talked by now if it did.

17. kindai

Sgarrista

We have 8 full tf, another 4 halfs and 15+ hand of rag.

Not a single slavemaker though.

18. adam cool dude

Capodecina

You were one of those jammy guilds. We only ever got two TF and one hand of rag which went to a paladin. LOL

19. JeditOjanen

Soldato

I just completed Thunderfury last week. On retail.

20. JRed

Gangster

Just getting back into WoW - where is good for addons nowadays?