***World of Warcraft : Legion***

Soldato
Was looking at the play numbers on this yesterday.... Am I right in saying WoW subs are nearly below launch levels?

I'm contemplating coming back to WoW if a few games I'm about to play fail!

Do you think Blizzard will ever create a new MMO?

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;30439505 said:
Was looking at the play numbers on this yesterday.... Am I right in saying WoW subs are nearly below launch levels?

I'm contemplating coming back to WoW if a few games I'm about to play fail!

Do you think Blizzard will ever create a new MMO?

After subs dropped to around 5 mill Blizz decided to stop publishing figures (about a year ago now). When Legion Launched Blizz did say that they had concurrent players logged in that was similar to Cata launch (10+ mill) but there is historically a drop in numbers a few months after release (WoD went from 10 to 5.5) of a major expansion. Whether it's 5-7 mill (my guess) or higher it's still an impressive number of players.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You'll never struggle to find groups or players out in the open unless levelling below the current content (<100), still very impressive for a 13 year old game. Good time to come back as the new raid has just launched and many are regarding it as the best one for a while.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
You'll never struggle to find groups or players out in the open unless levelling below the current content (<100), still very impressive for a 13 year old game. Good time to come back as the new raid has just launched and many are regarding it as the best one for a while.

I've just relogged after not playing for any length of time since 2011.

On my main as such, I've managed to smash my way to lvl 96 with little effort and have hardly taken in the content. Half the quests disappear. I think I went in 2 zones on Mists before I was in Dreanor.

I haven't let purchased Legion.

Should I race to level cap in Legion? Is there any point running the WoD etc content fully before hand? I expect there's a few who don't yet have Legion capped at 100 so I could get some milage there.

I have this completionist attitude sometimes but then I want to be running raids and making my WoW time worthwhile and more social.

Associate
I've just relogged after not playing for any length of time since 2011.

On my main as such, I've managed to smash my way to lvl 96 with little effort and have hardly taken in the content. Half the quests disappear. I think I went in 2 zones on Mists before I was in Dreanor.

I haven't let purchased Legion.

Should I race to level cap in Legion? Is there any point running the WoD etc content fully before hand? I expect there's a few who don't yet have Legion capped at 100 so I could get some milage there.

I have this completionist attitude sometimes but then I want to be running raids and making my WoW time worthwhile and more social.

It sounds like you'd be better off racing to 110 and filling your none raid time with Loremaster etc then and working on all the old content and achievements.

Soldato
Anyone about who'd run Arcway on normal Mythic with me? Struggling to find groups as I need to do some Nightfallen quests there. Is an ilvl of 835 too low?

It isn't, but everyone wants 850+ so it can be done quickly - even though Mythic base only rewards 840 gear.

What's worse is, the person forming the group will see 'pending invites' and will pick the person with the highest iLvl in the list typically above 850.

Just do what I did - create your own group. Much easier.

Soldato
Got a legendary chest for my prot warrior over the weekend boosting me to ilvl 877.

I'm glad for the ilvl boost but it's such a situational legendary (as in, wouldn't really be used in any situation unless I can't keep aggro).

Really need to get started on nighthold.

Soldato
Got a legendary chest for my prot warrior over the weekend boosting me to ilvl 877.

I'm glad for the ilvl boost but it's such a situational legendary (as in, wouldn't really be used in any situation unless I can't keep aggro).

Really need to get started on nighthold.

You're thinking about that wrong. Granted DD isn't as good as the Gloves/bracers/belt/neck BUT it has 2 advantages:

1 - AMAZING stats. Haste/Mastery which are your primary stats, plus as its a chest you're getting ~4500 stam from a single item, which is mental.
2 - It's not just about protecting squishies, when you're OT in a raid (i.e. waiting for your debuffs go before taunt swapping) you can mitigate a fair amount of damage by intervening your co-tank and both gaining a shield

Certainly was helping last night in NH HC. OFC I'd rather have the bracers but can;t complain

- GP

Soldato
Warriors need armor yes, DMC:I is currently BiS even @ 865.

I'm fortunate enough to have the Gauntlets but I fear the bracers are a long way off. Either way as I have the chest I can enjoy those tasty stats

- GP

Soldato
You're thinking about that wrong. Granted DD isn't as good as the Gloves/bracers/belt/neck BUT it has 2 advantages:

1 - AMAZING stats. Haste/Mastery which are your primary stats, plus as its a chest you're getting ~4500 stam from a single item, which is mental.
2 - It's not just about protecting squishies, when you're OT in a raid (i.e. waiting for your debuffs go before taunt swapping) you can mitigate a fair amount of damage by intervening your co-tank and both gaining a shield

Certainly was helping last night in NH HC. OFC I'd rather have the bracers but can;t complain

- GP

Yea, that's true. I also have the boots which has good stats but a fairly useless bonus.

I didn't actually think about boss switching, good shout.

Back
Top Bottom