Worth moving from 2011 MBP 13 to a 2017 MB?

Man of Honour
I don't find it very different to the keyboard which came with my iMac last year.
Macbooks and iMacs since 2016 have had the butterfly keyboard. They all feel the same. I don't think the improved 2018 one with the dust membrane makes much difference to the feel. It does seem to be a love it or hate it thing (I personally hate it but some people prefer it).

Soldato
I can't stand them I brought 2015 model back in 2016 as the I hated the keyboards and lack of ports, no idea why apple are making their macbooks worse they used to my go to laptops since the ibook G4 days.

Associate
I only tried the MacBook. Didn’t try the new air or new pro lines.glad I did try it out before buying it for £999. I would eventually get use to it I am sure but I would rather like it straight away rather than “it will grow on me” for the price I am paying.

Soldato
Are 4 USBC ports not enough for you?

It was the 13 inch model which only had two USB C ports I didn't want to buy or carry around a dongle for HDMI, USB Mouse, Ethernet port, Exteral hardrive and a SD card reader. My main issue was the keyboard it was backwards step, the lack of ports and apple having the cheek to overcharge for crappy dongle was the iceing on the cake. I have always brought apple laptops I love the OSX but it ****** me off to see them taking backwards steps, if it wasn't for the OS i would not cosider getting another macbook.

Soldato
It was the 13 inch model it only had two USB C ports I didn't want to buy carry around a dongle for HDMI , USB 3.0 Mouse, Ethernet port, Exteral hardrive, SD card reader. My main issue was the keyboard it was backwards step, the lack of ports and apple having the cheek to overcharge for crappy dongle was the iceing on the cake. I have always brought apple laptops I love the OSX but it ****** me off to see them taking backwards steps.

You can get USBC to HDMI cables and probably USBC versions of all the other cables you need too.

It’s the none Touch Bar version that has only 2 ports isn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom