• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth upgrading 780ti for 1440p?

Associate
Hi,

I currently have a Geforce 780ti (bought 2nd hand) and do some gaming in a 1080p monitor once or twice in the week (not much time anymore). I was thinking of upgrading the monitor to 1440p mainly for larger work area when photo processing. Can the 780ti handle 1440p? If I would upgrade, which card (2nd hand again) would you suggest?

Thx

Man of Honour
780ti can handle 1440p fine* (better if you have G-Sync) but 1-2 of the more recent games it will be marginal for performance and going forward you will find it more and more stretched.

* You might find in some cases you have to back off MSAA a little or use FXAA instead.

Soldato
Do you play mainly SP or MP games? If it's SP stick with your 780ti for the time being. If it's MP and you bog down in huge fights etc then give it a week as the 1080ti may be annouced / launched and could possibly cause the prices to be readjusted.

Soldato
I'm using a 780ti with a 1440p monitor and it's fine. I'm waiting for the used prices of 980tis to drop to £200 and will most likely pick one up then. I'm expecting this to happen when the 1080ti is released and more 980tis hit the market with people upgrading.

Associate
OP
Thank you all for your replies. Any good 1440p monitor to suggest? Please bear in mind that I am mainly interested in photo edit and then for anything else.

Back
Top Bottom