• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth upgrading i7 5820K to i7 5960X?

Caporegime
depends on the game and the gpu. battlefield and pubg and witcher there is massive differences.thing is 99 percent of these stupid reviewers use single player games.

Soldato
depends on the game and the gpu. battlefield and pubg and witcher there is massive differences.thing is 99 percent of these stupid reviewers use single player games.

I would imagine would some good reason? Hard to test consistently over multiple cycles in a multi player environment?

Of course this doesn't stop performance in multiplayer scenarios being relevant to the consumer.

Associate

Was going to point out game variation it’s something that doesn’t get mentioned enough with these reviews. I understand multiplayer is has its own set of issues as a Youtuber I remember how Crysis was the go to game to show system capabilities not that long ago

Associate
OP
Had forgotten to set my fans to run after the CPU temperatures after the BIOS update. Setting them to CPU temperature target again took around 3~5°c off per core.
This after 2½ hours OCCT.
168y03k.jpg

Associate
If you were to play @ 1440p/4k the difference in fps between the 2600k and 8700k would be even less. Strictly speaking, games are still GPU bound at higher resolutions and a decent quad core past sandy bridge isnt warranted an upgrade.

Associate
OP
As a final touch to it all. While I in my own rig got an i7 6900k, I managed to grab a i7 5960X also on ebay, which will replace my wife's i7 5820K. I can't wait to compare the 5960X vs 6900K.

Back
Top Bottom