Worth upgrading or not??

Soldato
As is my want from time to time, and without any particular rhyme or reason, I get the urge to upgrade my perfectly competent PC (as can be seen in my sig)

Obviously the scarcity of GPU's is a concern as I don't really want to be stumping up crazy money on that front but is there a reasonable upgrade path for the rest on my specs that is worth looking at?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 w/Cryorig H7 cooler | GPU: 5700XT 50th Anniversary |
| Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite | SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 |
| RAM: 16GB DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" @ 3200MHz |
| Monitor: 32" Hannspree HG324 144Hz | PSU: 750W Seasonic Focus+

A quick Google would suggest that my motherboard will support the "5000" range of Ryzen CPU's but hand on heart I couldn't say that with any certainty!

Any advice would be welcome!

Soldato
What is your reason for looking to upgrade, whats struggling/not doing what you want to do? Rig as is, is a good pc.

Should be fine to upgrade to either ryzen 5xxx chips (BIOS upgrade likely needed if you haven't already done so)

Gpu you have is worth a lot more than you likely paid so may still have options.

Associate
I'd wait for the new 3d vcache cpu's in jan for a last hooray upgrade to your rig before going to AM5 platform, but that's about it unless you're set on a new gpu

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies - the honest answer is that I'm not particularly struggling to play anything - I just get the upgrade itch every now and again!

While I've not necessarily noticed any issues with gaming, I'm wondering whether there is any benefit to be had from bumping my RAM up to 32GB?

Nice to know my rig isn't particularly outdated!

Soldato
Going to throw this out there... A certain high street store will give you £585 cash for your 5700xt, 3060tis for about £650-700, £75-£115 for an upgrade isn't bad at all and refreshing your warranty too...

Soldato
Should be little to none as per the video linked :)

The crazy prices of the previous gen cards that can mine to a decent level sort of mitigates the high costs of the latest gen gpus.

Back
Top Bottom