Would anyone likely buy my current PC? Or upgrade?

Associate
Mega dilemma:

I've had my PC for about four years now (Overclockers build) and I've basically only used it for a single game until now. I'm still likely to play this game in the future (World of tanks) but I really really want the new Resident evil 2 (remake) and I believe my setup just won't meet the minimum requirements sadly. Here is the current computer as it stands:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: 2804 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3258 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8134MB RAM
Page File: 4794MB used, 4683MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
GFX Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

I understand that to get a newer processor, say an i5-i7 I'm gonna need a new mobo as the socket won't match. In turn i'll almost certainly need a new power supply, new RAM and a new Graphics card. That's going to start adding up, hence I'm moving towards just buying a whole new system rather than upgrading the existing one. I'm unsure if the existing system above is likely to sell (ebay, gumtree, facebook etc). I'm finding it difficult to benchmark a similar system from existing auction sites simply because every PC is a little different and I don't really know what would make a suitable comparison. I figured at the very least somebody might want to cannibalise it for parts if nothing else. 15 years ago I could build a system from scratch no problem, I'm now an out-the-loop Luddite and would struggle to spell computer, let alone sort my way through the latest tech and build one. I guess I was secretly hoping someone would say "Hey you can play Resi evil 2 with those specs" but I've already dug into the requirements and I'm way off. So, do we think a brand new build is the most rational choice here? Any tips would be hugely appreciated.

Soldato
Someone will always buy your old kit at the right price, but we can't help you there as price checks are not allowed outside the MM.

How much would you have to spend on a new system? :)

Associate
OP
How much would you have to spend on a new system? :)[/QUOTE]
How much would you have to spend on a new system? :)

Gah, not entirely sure. It would depend on how much I could raise from the existing sale. I’m also flogging a couple of other bits around the house to raise capital. I’ll still have to add to it all ultimately. It’ll be a budget conscious purchase so not high end, tempted by some of the OC gaming laptops.

Back
Top Bottom