Would this cause an allergic reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I suppose it varies from person to person what can effect them. You can either make them avoid it completely or try a small test patch on their arm and see if they die/have a reaction

Soldato
people can be allergic to nuts but not almonds...apparently. or, almonds could kill them.according to some websites, almond is the least troublesome of the 'tree nut family'. note: peanuts are not tree nuts, they are seperate nut families:

Peanut allergic people can often eat tree nuts and tree nut allergic allergic people can often take peanuts. However, some allergic individuals may be allergic to both peanut and tree nuts. In addition, you can be allergic to some but not all tree nuts. Almond seems to cause the least problems of all common tree nuts.

and not a lot of people know that! if i remember correctly, my ex was allergic to peanuts but not almonds.

Soldato
OP
Thanks ppl. I think we'll take a bit of caution with it, she's had reactions before from smelling peanuts and ended up in hospital. I know where the epi-pen things are so if the worst comes to the worst... :eek:

Caporegime
It's hardly worth risking death is it? Even microscopic amounts can kill. Hopefully a mandatory gene therapy program will purge these allergies in the future.

I'd also wager this thread is against forum rules.

Last edited:
Associate
If she has a bad enough allergy to be issued epi-pens then def dont try a small amount on her skin as a test. I would suggest that it's best to avoid if you are unsure, heck its only a shower gel, just find a different one

Associate
pretend to accidentally slip and drop some on her, if she dies say it was an accident and keep using shower gel as shes dead anyway.

win win situation really.

Associate
Putting a drop on her skin won't kill her, but even so it's not hard to get a different shower gel is it?

Bad enough being a sufferer this time of year with all the roasted peanut stalls on the street, a whiff could set me off so have to be on the ball to spot them early and take a different route ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom