1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you buy this house ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MehulLakhani, May 20, 2010.

1. Chicken #16

Wise Guy

for the parking:

park and ride. Guests park and you drive round and pick them up.....or they walk.

2. meghatronic

Capodecina

Yeah, why not.

However, parking is always a terrible sore point.

3. Rotty

Don

It's as close to Luton ;) :p

4. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Given that this is what, £400k worth of house at the most anywhere else have you considered moving further away from London and using the saving for a Maybach and driver for the commute? :D

5. panthro

Capodecina

My Dads side of the family live in Watford. Id rather cut my balls off than pay that sort of money for a place in Watford (slight exaggeration).
    Rickmansworth, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, even Croxeley Green, yes.
    That amount of money for that sized house, with no garage on a busy main road = WTF.
    For that sort of money you could buy a 5/6 bed detached, double garage with a huuuuuge garden out of suburbia where Im from (Wokingham).

6. digipeep

Wise Guy

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Ah yea but that isn't in London so it doesnt have the draw of a traffic jam outside your window and no countryside for miles around :p

8. mavers

Gangster

Definitely not. Your paying over the odds (imo) because its a new build and the finish is quite nice.

tbh im quite surprised how expensive watford is!

9. EdwardTeach

Mobster

I am shocked that property is so expensive in Watford! If I was spending that much cash I would want to live somewhere nicer.

Personally I don't like new builds either, they look a bit toy town to me.

10. Stupot_

Mobster

If its where you want to be, then go for it. You can always plant up the front if you want a bit of privacy, I imagine you wont notice road noise in the back garden, and the master bedroom is at the back of the house.

It's not to my taste but it does look nicely finished.

We've recently moved from a quiet private road to a house on a busy road. It's surprising how quickly you adjust, it's peaceful out in the back garden and you're only really aware of traffic inside if you have windows open during rush hour or when its raining.

As for parking, I guess that's something you're going to have to deal with everywhere really, could always come to an agreement with neighbours if you've got lots of people over...

11. Strife212

Capodecina

It's nice inside but 850,000 for that?

I suppose if you need to live in the area it's a price you have to pay but still.

12. theNude

Wise Guy

looks like a nice house, and i'd say snap it if it was 800k, then spend some money putting up an iron gate with your initials in like alot of the houses in north london.

13. cheets64

PermaBanned

14. "andy"

Capodecina

15. kwerk

Wise Guy

I just about spit tea on my screen when I saw the price :eek:. I could seriously retire on that and I'm not even 30 yet.

No offense but the interior is HIDEOUS. Imagine how gay it will look in 10-15 years.

16. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

That's just an obscene amount of money. I couldn't bring myself to do it - I'd sooner live in a bigger house in a quieter area with a garage and commute in.

If being close to the city is very important to you then go for it but that house is by no means exceptional in my eyes and that is a huge amount of money for what it is. Huge.

17. Rameses

Sgarrista

Indeed!

Just imagine what you could buy for that amount in like, Manchester!

;)

18. ThePirateHulk

Hitman

I reckon you could probably buy Manchester.

19. theNude

Wise Guy

20. craptakular

Capodecina

Shared drive = instant trouble, avoid it at all costs.