1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you buy this house ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MehulLakhani, May 20, 2010.

1. BigJon

Gangster

WOW, i'm so glad I don't live anywhere near London. Where I live £875,000 gets you this massive house,

Much Better.

I know which I would rather have.

On a serious note, I would not buy that house for one reason and one reason only, and that is because it has a shared driveway, and from past experiance it doesn't matter how much or little you paid for a house, if you end up with useless neighbours, then it will be a friction point until you sell the house. I know many people who have had issues over shared driveways, and there are a number of internet forums, dedicated to helping people with neighbour issues.

So I wouldn't leave it to chance, and would dismiss the property instantly.

Also someone above said pick up your friends due to the lack of parking, Where is the fun of that, are you not going to drink everytime you have friends over, just so you can drive them home and the end of a night, I know I wouldn't.

Just some advise from an existing homeowner.

Jon

2. Abraham

Sgarrista

Probably not as much, in my experience the pricier areas of Manchester are more expensive than the pricier areas of notts

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...rice=900000&primaryDisplayPropertyType=houses

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION^1019&insId=2&minPrice=800000&maxPrice=900000&displayPropertyType=houses&primaryDisplayPropertyType=houses&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=houses

not much difference in the properties but you get more land with it in Notts

3. Abraham

Sgarrista

4. Mad old tory

Sgarrista

Seems pretty expensive and I live in London so am used to ridiculous property prices.

Where exactly do you work?

5. 'Wes

Capodecina

No.

6. Richdog

Capodecina

Sorry, but is the price for that new looking tat a cruel joke? What's even worse is that you KNOW it's not suitable yet are desperately trying to talk yourself into it... just shows what a silly "MUST BUY HOUSE NOW" mentality we have built up in the UK over the last decades.

For 850k I would be buying a unique and individual country property with a few acres of land and commuting into work, or at least a s****y town house or large apartment in the city. That's one of th blandest looking houses i've ever seen.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  7. Jono

Man of Honour

Not a chance.

8. EdwardTeach

Mobster

9. 4T5

Man of Honour

Not only is it over priced it's poorly situated & in a **** hole, On top of that it's Full of MDF.
    Personally i cannot understand people that buy houses for this sort of money in citys, Step out a bit & you'd get untold land, out buildings & Privacy, Now that I'd pay 850k for.

10. Abraham

Sgarrista

tbh even spending that sort of money on an older house in a city would get you a good quality building rather than a probably pretty crappy new build.

11. HEADRAT

Capodecina

Location Location Location.... ... .., even if I was in the position to pay 850K I would seriosusly be considering a commute, unless Watford has transformed miraculously since I last visited 10 years ago then it's only selling point is that it's close to London.

12. Sweetloaf

Soldato

13. MehulLakhani

Wise Guy

Hi All

Thanks for all your replies

I would go further out of london, but I have to drive for work reasons, and I also need to be close to work, even on weekends/evenings as part of the cover rota. Watford is about as far out as I can go - and the only reason we are going this far out is because of the schools.

Will keep pondering !

R

Mehul

14. richieboy

Wise Guy

Clicky

I think that's it on Street View, looks like it used to be a big house with a garage...and of course they've now built two where it once was for some cha cha cha ching.

If you compare things like how close it is to the house next door it just shows exactly why people aren't so keen on new builds.

Btw, the main reason i think that is it is the house next door, you can see the paint flaking in the exact same spots on the white/black roof triangle...bit...:p

15. MehulLakhani

Wise Guy

Exactly - it was 1 house, which was then demolished, and turned into 2 , 79 and 79a.

R

mehul

16. sist_si

Wise Guy

That is a nice house but jesus....for £850k, I'd rather live in a rural area and for the property you'd get for that money, you'd be living like a king. Shame you're tied to be so close to work.
    In a nutshell though, I'd have to be more certain than something that's very, very certain to shell out that money so even if you have an ounce of doubt in your mind, leave it.

17. apatia77

Mobster

OMG nice property, me wants :) :) :)

Sorry I couldn't add anything more constructive :p

18. richieboy

Wise Guy

That's one of the main reasons i wouldn't buy it to be honest. I would feel sore from the physical man action being given to me from behind by the person i was buying it from...

Oh and the price.

19. dave1983

Wise Guy

i find that the new builds have cheap crappy walls, you could actually hear next door on the crapper.

personally i would stay clear of this £850k for that is a joke,to me that doesn't even hit 500k

ask yourself, whether you can see yourself living there for the next 15 - 25 years?
    find a property that has garages and a big drive way, away from busy traffic, if it already has cons what else will you find when you move in.

20. robgmun

Capodecina

It's a lovely house, a bit too 'white' for my tastes and i would have prefered woodern flooring, but that's just too steep to be honest, i wouldn't pay more than £500,000 for a house like that