Would you consider Lian Li TU150

Soldato
Hi all

I'm thinking of building another ITX system soon but stuck on choice of case... I really like the look of the Lian Li Tu150 and Coolermaster Nr200p.

The CM case is sold out in many places but the Lian Li seems easy to get hold of... Has anybody used this case for a build? If so would you recommend it and do you have any final pics of the build?

Cheers

Associate
I've got one, it replaced my Sentry 2.0.

I personally love the aesthetic, really nice and minimalist. The handle is bloody useful and build quality is fine. As the case is tool less, it's really easy to use and build in - the internal cable management is useful too.

If it's a case of TU150 vs NR200, I think it comes down to cooling. If going down air route, go TU150 - if AIO, go NR200. I have Noctua DH15 and it's mahoosive but it is effective, keeps a 3900X under control with ease.

Only slight thing with TU150 is front IO is facing upwards and case has a USB C header, which not all motherboards have (mine doesn't). An alternative which might be interesting is the NCASE M1 which is similar to TU150 but with front-facing IO.

Soldato
OP
I've got one, it replaced my Sentry 2.0.

I personally love the aesthetic, really nice and minimalist. The handle is bloody useful and build quality is fine. As the case is tool less, it's really easy to use and build in - the internal cable management is useful too.

If it's a case of TU150 vs NR200, I think it comes down to cooling. If going down air route, go TU150 - if AIO, go NR200. I have Noctua DH15 and it's mahoosive but it is effective, keeps a 3900X under control with ease.

Only slight thing with TU150 is front IO is facing upwards and case has a USB C header, which not all motherboards have (mine doesn't). An alternative which might be interesting is the NCASE M1 which is similar to TU150 but with front-facing IO.

It does seem like a brilliant case... I am considering an AIO but for now I have a Air Cooler. The Nr200p would be nice as its smaller but a pain to get hold of, what I like about the TU150 is there seems to be plenty of places for clean air to get in, the NZXT h200 I had seemed restricted

Associate
Problem I have with the TU150 is that, well, its just too big and not that well optimised for the space.

NR200 is really well optimised, abliet a bit big.

Have you checked out some options from China?

Soldato
OP
Problem I have with the TU150 is that, well, its just too big and not that well optimised for the space.

NR200 is really well optimised, abliet a bit big.

Have you checked out some options from China?

That's one thing I was looking at with regards to size of the cases like the TU150 and NZXT H200, they are on the spacious size for ITX... The NR200 seems more compact which I like...

I've seen the GEEK cases they seem pretty snug but not seen anyone using them on here

Associate
Well CNY has put a delay and I chose a slow delivery method, but most people say they get there's in around two weeks or so. Including postage and the riser cable I paid £145.

Edit - I ordered mine on 5th Feb. Still waiting for it to arrive in the UK.

Associate
That seems like a good turn around and fair price with the riser cable....

Yeah, I got a ID-60 cooler and Artic P12 for the CPU, two slim Artic P12s for airflow on the way too. I'm replacing the power button with a LED ring one.

They do a version called the Aklla A4 Pro, now that, looks AMAZING. It's full CNC machined. You can also add a tophat at any point. There's so many funky and well built options when you look at cases from China.

Again, the TU150 is'nt bad. But it's not really small, not really THAT good at cooling, not really that flexible (if you wanted to water cool down the line). I think I just have a hankering for well fit computer hardware in small spaces!

Associate
I have the TU150 and would say the cooling is good. I have a 3700x and a Gigabyte 3070 DH-15S inside total 4 fans. My CPU temps are around 64 C load while stress testing on CPU-Z. gaming my gpu temps are around 55 C and CPU 46 C

Associate
My issue with the TU150 was the fact it really only has 1 exhaust fan option.

But you can put two fans at the bottom, providing your video card isnt very thick. Or use 15mm fans at the bottom. My video card is a triple slot, but I have no problems with heat.

Back
Top Bottom