Would you ever use Bank Transfer on Gumtree?

We can put this thread to rest. I won't risk it. I was more curious about the protection side of bank transfer and if it has changed over the years. The article I linked did say something was changing this year in regards to bank transfer scams and getting protection from it, but I didn't know if it's actually in place or not.

you really don't get it do you?

he is providing you with security in forms of ID, etc.

yet you want to provide him with no security by doing the same and you want to use paypal which means you are secured but he is left hanging for up to 6 months hoping you don't put in a claim.

you shouldn't be using gumtree at all if you cannot understand why he is insisting on bank transfer.

you are in the wrong not him.

you really don't get it do you?

he is providing you with security in forms of ID, etc.

yet you want to provide him with no security by doing the same and you want to use paypal which means you are secured but he is left hanging for up to 6 months hoping you don't put in a claim.

you shouldn't be using gumtree at all if you cannot understand why he is insisting on bank transfer.

you are in the wrong not him.

To be fair, if I was in the buyer's position, I would be reassured by the seller offering to provide ID etc. Perhaps the only thing I would ask is that he provide some proof of address, and perhaps a short video of the item working. I did so over Facebook Marketplace a while ago (bought a GoPro), and the seller had no problem doing so.

I sell on gumtree and offer payment by bank transfer or paypal plus fees to courier goods. Definitely sell more this way.

Majority use paypal plus fees though do get occasional buyer who will happily pay with bank transfer.

Gumtree does at least show how long you have been trading.

I can prove to the buyer who I am and can also link to my ebay account to prove my 100% feedback score

......i can definite appreciate the buyers risk though do go above and beyond to keep my customers updated.

Back
Top Bottom