Would you hang the boots up or go big scooter?

Soldato
Had an op on my knee and now seem to have a bit of a hip problem too. I've lost a good range of movement and riding has got pretty painful. Not sure about going all metrosexual tho. Opinions?

Soldato
The OP hasn't given much information, but it sounds more like seating position is the issue rather than changing gears.

Either way, it just sounds like a fantastic opportunity to get out there and test ride a huge number of bikes! I certainly wouldn't be sniffy about riding a scooter - I've ridden plenty and they're great fun. The last one I rode was in Vietnam over the Hai Van pass, of Top Gear fame!

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Well MCN just voted the 2017 Yamaha TMax DX scooter of the year so if you really want to stay on 2 wheels that would be my first port of call as it sounds like a lot of fun, that being said the captain sensible part of me says hang your boots up, because you've had an op on your knee & now your hips compromised, so if you have a bit of a slip & tumble off your bike, you'll cause even more mobility problems for yourself.

Ide walk away from bikes for a year & give yourself time to heal properly, revisit the decision in a years time once your knee & hip have settled down.

Soldato
OP
The OP hasn't given much information, but it sounds more like seating position is the issue rather than changing gears.

Either way, it just sounds like a fantastic opportunity to get out there and test ride a huge number of bikes! I certainly wouldn't be sniffy about riding a scooter - I've ridden plenty and they're great fun. The last one I rode was in Vietnam over the Hai Van pass, of Top Gear fame!

It's being crunched up in the same position and throwing my leg over the bike that's the problem. I didn't ride for while before the op and thought it might just be getting back into the swing but I've noticed it's not just the knee that's seen better days.

Back
Top Bottom