• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you sell a GPU on ebay now?

Soldato
Ebay is a terrible place to sell anything now. The new bank payout system means you don't have the money until many days after you post the item out to a buyer. Took 7 days to get the cash for a pair of headphones. I didn't even have any wages left to post them so I borrowed £12 to get them posted.

Associate
Ebay is a terrible place to sell anything now. The new bank payout system means you don't have the money until many days after you post the item out to a buyer. Took 7 days to get the cash for a pair of headphones. I didn't even have any wages left to post them so I borrowed £12 to get them posted.

Why not just use PayPal? Funds arrive immediately to use.

Soldato
A lot of miners (new and old) gobbling up cards. Got a market seller that’s got stupidly high prices are cards. And all of them sold to miners

Also looking at the market places other than auction, cards seem to be drying up. A few weeks ago there are loads of cards. Now there are maybe a handful.

GPU supply seems to be diminishing as opposed to be improving which is gonna drive up prices even more.

Associate
A lot of miners (new and old) gobbling up cards. Got a market seller that’s got stupidly high prices are cards. And all of them sold to miners

Also looking at the market places other than auction, cards seem to be drying up. A few weeks ago there are loads of cards. Now there are maybe a handful.

GPU supply seems to be diminishing as opposed to be improving which is gonna drive up prices even more.

Well NV/AMD are in a situation that they can't dig themselves out of, dribbles of info is purposely leaked, interspiced with promises and new cards on the horizon, yet these are mean't to qualm and appease the angry masses. There are fairly easy ways of getting a card, OC should be your last hope, i got my card within a week. If you have the funds, and create an oppotunity, buy the best card you can....and be done with it. Then in 2 years or 3 if you have a 3090, sell it on and buy a pre-built. The amount of lazy, whiney cry babies that continue to get upset over other peoples GPU success is lame, they need to apply themselves in a more practical way, there is plenty of tips and advice....and do you know, some of it is stella.

Soldato

as said with Paypal its instant transfer to your account. Refunds on the other hand are 14-16 days but then again thats the seller waiting not you

And funds can be refunded just as quickly. Selling on the bay is based on trust, trust is what you have when you have nothing else, and thats probably what you'll end up with.

Thats not true at all. Refunds take 14-16 days (meanwhile you can appeal) and if you are an established seller (like me) then when you enter into a resolution issue the funds are held for 30 days you dont end up with a minus amount in your Paypal account so you could drag the resolution out for well more than a month whilst you try and convince Ebay its a time waster/scam etc but you do need to be an established seller.

Its still a rotting pit of vipers and the bad sellers probably outweight the good now. You can also still buy Ebay accounts with established ratings which scammers use from various sites if you search enough.

've got a sale now where I`m waiting for the payment. I was a bit asleep this weekend feeling like a zombie due to Covid jab and I didnt see the low rating bidder win my auction. I always cancel ones lower than 20 rating if they dont return my messages. I think my banned bidder list is about 1000 user accounts now.

When you get to a certain established status the balance starts to swing towards the seller away from the buyer but its still a long way from perfect.

Associate
Anything i sell on the bay is over £120, below that Gumtree, and always Cash on Collection, ive been selling on the bay for many years and never been scammed yet, the only issue was with some female who brought a book, signed for it, then complained she never recieved it, complete idiot. After that i decided, if they want it, they collect it and pay cashola. All very nice people, and also made a couple of friends in the process. Everything i sell is in excellent condition, working and a bargain.

Soldato
Nope. Put it to work!

RviqJOx.gif

Associate
My 1080ti sold yesterday and no response from the buyer, put in for a transaction cancellation now have to wait 7 days one way or another.
The first 8 bids where all from 0 feedback accounts. Don't think I will bother with ebay for something like this again

Associate
My 1080ti sold yesterday and no response from the buyer, put in for a transaction cancellation now have to wait 7 days one way or another.
The first 8 bids where all from 0 feedback accounts. Don't think I will bother with ebay for something like this again

Its crimminal the bay are allowed to operate, if either you or i were running a business that shady...we would have our collar felt 100%. Its even more celubrious selling on Gumtree, no checks or id, any one could turn up at your door...would never advertise a PS5, god forbid. Sure it will all work out fine eventually.

Associate
If I managed to get a 6800XT for RRP, I would get that and sell my 5700XT on eBay for the current average rated of ~£750. No brainer really if you can get a partner card for the correct price.

Associate
You can always guard against snide paypal refunds by having a paypal balance of 0 and having no card or bank attached to your account.

Soldato
Why not just use PayPal? Funds arrive immediately to use.

Ebay changes to bank transfer only and stops using paypal to receive payments very shortly. I have started using the new system and it is terrible.

Edit: Just messaged ebay about the 5-7 day wait for payment but having to ship stuff instantly. Ebay says soon they will have a balance system with which you can use funds instantly to buy things on ebay so for example you rely on sale of 2080ti for buy of 3090 you can turn it around same day in ebay. But for now nope, there are no longer any ways to opt out of the April 2021 upcoming changes that separate ebay and paypal.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just sold a 3090fe on the 'Bay. Checked the details of the person who bought it (good feedback on his account) and have his phone number, where he works, and what he looks like. I also recorded the entire 24 minutes it took to video the 3090fe, with its receipt, invoice, and everything, box it up and drive to the post office depot and hand it over to a staff member to scan in. A single take, continuous video with the graphics card in sight at all times. Sent it special delivery with maximum cover.

I should all be fine BUT... main, what a pain in the ass. Shouldn't have to be doing this just to make a sale. Are that many people getting scammed selling expensive GPUs on eBay? Or is it just a case of the loud minority (you can bet my ass I'd be loud if I got scammed). Agreed that eBays protections on Buyer Vs Seller are horrific.

G J

G J

Associate
As people will overpay for stuff on ebay it gets sold there so the extra money one makes outweighs the risk it seems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom